How to Build a Proper Facade

How to Build a Proper Facade

A Poem by Vinterprinsessa
"

Written a rather long time ago. Full of methaphors

"
A Guide To Building The Perfectly Proper and Fashionable Facade

1. It is always important that you start off with a clean base. Products with an alcohol-based solution, so pure and deeply cleansing work well for ensuring the removal of any remnants of your previous facade . Dab it on with a pink cotton ball, being careful not to use too much, then rinse with lots of sparkling water.

2. Now it's time to begin properly. Start with the visible spots, as these will easily show through a hastily done facade and then it doesn't matter how much time you spent on the rest. Make sure that they're all concealed. Don't we just hate it when others see those little spots and humps when we've done our very best to look flawless, ladies?
After you've made sure it's properly covered up, add a thick layer of the creamy base in the color of your choice. Remember that pale shades can look really smashing on those who can pull it off, but it takes time and energy, so most of us will do better to choose a darker shade that's a little less unforgiving.
Traditionally, fingers are used for application, but nowadays brushes are also widely used for this purpose, since it is always good to keep a little bit of distance.

3. To really make your eyes stand out, do pay attention to what colors you use.
Red, for example, is so last season. You wouldn't want to be seen in that, would you?
If ”standing out” isn't your thing, then maybe a bit of grey dusted in the corners? Works great for a more everyday-ish normal look. Shades of grey can also be successfully blended.
When in doubt, go for black. But remember; less isn't more in this case.
And false eyelashes is always a great addition, They will give your whole look an instant lift. Try it. Falsies ought to be just the thing for you.

4. The cheeks don't require much work, therefore this is a short step.
Hold your head up high and brush the powder, which should be reddish-pink but not too strongly red, onto where your cheekbones are, or where you'd like them to be.
Remember, it's utmost purpose is to hide some of the abominable pallor that plagues so many of us and give your skin that  rosy, blushed look that makes you look so vivid and so... alive.
So make sure you brush on a lot.

5. Time for the lips. Start by carefully drawing the right shape around them, and make sure the lines meet, so that nothing will later slip out where it isn't wanted.
The main color varies, depending on the occasion. A deep, velvety red has transformed ordinary women into mysterious temptresses and untouchable Femme Fatales for centuries, but a slight pink or coral shade is very effective for a carefree, girly look.
And it looks simply stunning with a fake smile.

6. Now, check yourself out in the nearest mirror, preferably one with as few cracks in it as possible. Make sure it is all well covered up, and that as little as possible of the original ”you” is visible. Do you still recognize the woman in the mirror, staring back at you with her rosy complexion, smiling lips and empty eyes?
Then you've failed, b***h. Do it over. And again and again each day.

© 2010 Vinterprinsessa


Author's Note

Vinterprinsessa
This isn't actually hate against makeup... the makeup is a metaphor.
It's about the facades we build and show to the outside world.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on June 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 2, 2010
Tags: Makeup facade build methaphorica

Author

Vinterprinsessa
Vinterprinsessa

Göteborg, Sweden



About
I joined here to get some feedback that doesn't amount to "Dude, that's some weird s**t". So... feel free to comment on said Weird S**t. Otherwise it's just gonna get weirder, and then who knows... more..

Writing