Violet's journey to the center of the Earth

Violet's journey to the center of the Earth

A Story by Violet Batt
"

My homework with my fantasy added to it. It actually has science facts.

"

Violet’s Journey to the Center of the Earth

Chapter one: The crust

Violet’s in the cave located in Violet Valley when all of a sudden the ground started to shake really forcefully. All of the bats hanging on the ceiling fall off and most of them run away. Violet is scared and doesn’t know what to do. A big crack forms in the ground. “Wow!” Said Violet. Then she said to David, “What if this crack leads to the center of the Earth, should we go in?” David shrugs, but Violet didn’t get to decide if she wanted to go in or not because the ground began to shake again, she fell in. “Help me David!” Violet yelled holding onto the ground with the rest of her body hanging dangerously off the edge of the crack. She fell down and David jumped in with her.

Chapter two: The mantle

David said, “I will be your tour guide.” While they are hanging onto the side of the mantel, “Did you know the Earth’s mantle is made up of rock that is very hot, but solid? Or that the mantle is nearly 3,000 kilometers thick?” David asks Violet. “Ouch!” Violet responded. “Oh and did you know the mantle is made of three pieces the Lithosphere, the Asthenosphere and the lower mantle?” David added. “So I am guessing that we have a long drop to go right?” Violet asked. “Exactly!” David responded. “And not to mention how hot and hard to breathe it is down here.” Violet responded. “Because of the pressure,” David explained. “Well what are we waiting for? Let’s get to falling.” Violet said.

 Chapter three: The outer core

“David it’s way too hot down here for me! What’s up with that?” Violet asked. “Well the outer core is a layer of molten metal that surrounds the inner core; despite all the pressure the outer core is liquid.” David answered. “David I don’t like this place at all.” Violet complained. “It’s okay the outer core is thinner than the mantel with only 2,266 km thick.” David said. “Let’s get out of here before I dissolve, it’s hotter than the sun in here, David, remember we are vampires.” Violet replied. “Okay Violet, your right, let’s get hotter by going to the very center of the Earth.” David said. And we jumped down further.

Chapter four: The inner core and the center of the Earth

Violet can hardly move because it’s so hot in the center of the Earth. “David why did we go here in the first place?!” Said Violet sweating and panting. David said, “This is the center of the Earth we are the first vampire bats to step foot on the Earth’s core.” To make things funnier David took a deep step and put a flag up with a picture of an Appsalootly Batty bat on it. “David you’re so funny!” Violet panted. David said, “The inner core is a dense ball of solid metal, and together the whole core is about 3,486 km thick, but the inner core alone is 1,216 km thick, not that we would go all the way through it, we will go back the way we came from if we don’t die first.”

“Whoa!” Violet panted. And together the two of them tried to fly back through to the crust.

Chapter five: The outer core again

Violet and David flew to the outer core again where the liquidly metal was oozing around. “David we will never see this again and we can’t take a picture of our self on it because we are vampires, so can you take a picture of the ground instead?” Asked Violet. “Sure I can Violet.” David answered. Then David pulled out a camera and snapped a few pictures of the outer core. “Good bye core, we will always be above you.” Violet said before they flew up to the mantle.

Chapter six: The mantle again

Violet and David now land back on the mantle with the cave in sight. Violet could see Zeanna and Lindsy watching her and David. “Grandma?!” Zeanna shouted when she noticed Violet had seen her. “Mommy?!” Lindsy shouted to Violet. “Sister?!” Voice said. “It’s me guys I‘m almost to your level.” Violet said back. “No one says hi to me?” Asked David from behind Violet. So they flew higher up to the crust.

Chapter seven: The end of the journey

Violet and David finally get to land again. “Boy is it cold up here.” Said David. Then Violet went up to David and said, “How did you know so much about the Earth’s layers?” David said, “Because, unlike you, I went to 6th grade.” So Violet said, “I would have gone to 6th grade if you didn’t kill me!” And Violet and David lived a long happy life. The end.

 

 

 

© 2013 Violet Batt


Author's Note

Violet Batt
It is supposed to be science with fake charecters and what they think of the center of the Earth. Ignore any grammar problems you may find.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on June 12, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: Earth, science, funny, vampires, bats, fantasy, fiction, short story