The tigers courage

The tigers courage

A Story by Violet Batt
"

A white tiger loses his family and goes on an adventure to the legendary Tiger Island.

"

The Tigers Courage Saving the white tigers

Chapter One

“Mom, I don’t want to leave you!” Zebra yelled out. His mom did not answer. “Mom, don’t leave me!” He yelled. No answer. “Mommy, I can’t go alone, please come!” Still silence from the now dead momma white tiger. “Mom, dad has already left me and everyone’s gone, mom, please wake up!” Tears roll down Zebras face. Zebra’s family was killed for their fluffy white and black coat. “Mom!!!” Zebra yelled, but it was too late he is alone except for his mother’s ghost who gently whispers goodbye. Then a map floats down as his mother floats off to heaven, without Zebra.

Chapter Two, before the beginning

A long, long time ago, there was a huge Island called Tiger Island. It was filled with many, many white tigers. This was before the hunters came. A fight broke out between the tigers, half of them wanted to stay and the other half wanted to leave. So to solve the problem half went to one side of the island and the others stayed. After a long time other types of big cats moved onto the island and made different territories separating the two groups of white tigers. The group that left made a map of how to get to their side of the island, but  all the groups of cats worked together to make the code, so the tigers who want to travel will have to ask for help from other cats. This was the cats cipher code.

Chapter three the beginning of the journey

 

 “What’s this? A map!” Zebra cries, “It says Tiger Island, maybe I will find friends there, but what does this code say? Maybe someone can tell me!” Zebra said full of hope.  Zebra took off leaving his murdered family alone. The map showed his journey, a long path through the Bobcat hideouts and the Leopard Rivers, plus the hidden lands of the lions, but also not to mention the forbidden Cheetah Caverns. It was a long journey, but Zebra was sure he could make it out alive.

Chapter four

 

An old sign saying ‘Bobcat Hideout’ stood at the entrance to a valley surrounded by mountains with many caves and ledges. “Wow,” Zebra said. Something or someone moved up on one of the lower ledges. Zebra carefully walked over there. Now Zebra could see a little bobcat face peeking out of the bushes. “Hello?”  Zebra said to the bobcat.

  Then the bobcat came out and said, “Hi, I’m Hedgehog, what’s your name?”

Zebra said, “I’m Zebra. I’m just passing through on my way to Tiger Island, but I need help decoding this.” Zebra hands the map over with the secret code that said, “V ODBZM YKVJ EWTCIG VTG YBGW UIJT Q MBDF.”

 “Come with me,” said Hedgehog after reading the letters. Zebra followed.

Chapter five

 

Hedgehog leads Zebra into a big room in one of the caves that had a big wheel carved into its wall. This here was a cipher code. Then Hedgehog took the map and read its code against his cipher code. It came out to say, “A Tiger DPAO JBYHNL AYL DGLB PNOY VRGHK.” Then Hedgehog said, “Only the first two words use my cipher. Maybe you can get more by visiting the Leopards.”

Zebra said, “I am going through there any way, so I guess it’s worth a shot.” Zebra said good bye and left Hedgehog at the Bobcat Hideout.

Chapter six

  

Another old sign, this one saying ‘Leopard Rivers’ sits at the mouth of a long winding river. A leopard, white with gray and black spots, was lapping up the water flowing by. Zebra said, “Hello, I need help decoding something while I’m on my way to Tiger Island.

 The leopard looked up and said, “My name is Dalmatian. You’ve came to the right place, for I have a cipher code carved into a tree, come with me.”

 Zebra replied, “My name is Zebra.” Then followed. Dalmatian pointed to a code with the first letter being ‘c’ not ‘a’. Dalmatian took the map and read it to the code. It now says, “A Tiger With Courage TRE WZEU SGHR OKBD” “Sorry, I only got two more words,” Said Dalmatian.

“That’s okay,” said Zebra, “Maybe I can find more in The Hidden Lands of the Lions. Said Zebra thoughtfully.

Chapter seven

 

Zebra wanders off to a strange area with a small sign that said, ‘Lions only.’ Zebra stepped past it and a lion ran to him and said, “How did you find us? We are the most hidden group of wild cats ever.”

 “Uh, hi, my name is Zebra.” Replied Zebra.

The lion looked confused. Then said, “Oh, hi, my name is Canary.”

Zebra said, “I was just trying to see if you could decode something for me.”

Canary said, “Sure, let me see it.” Zebra hands over the map. “Tiger Island, huh?” Asked Canary.

“Yep,” Said Zebra.

 Then Canary said, “Follow me.” Zebra followed.

Chapter eight

 

Canary showed Zebra a cipher code that started with‘t’ instead of ‘a.’ Canary deciphered it to say, “A Tiger With Courage Can Find BPQA XTKM.” “This isn’t the full code and I don’t think the last two words are in cipher code. A cheetah might help you.” Canary said.

“Okay,” responded Zebra, “I’m going through there any way, so why not?”

 “Okay, be safe Zebra.” Canary called after Zebra who was zipping away to the Cheetah Caverns.

Chapter nine

 

Zebra stopped to stare at the Cheetah Caverns. It was a huge cave and it was raining and lightning only in that area, it was also hot and humid. Two large cheetahs guarded the entrance. Zebra stepped forward. “Halt!” Said one cheetah, “Do you have permission to be here?”

“Pretty much, yah. My name is Zebra.” Replied Zebra.

 “Why aren’t you scared little cat?” asked the second cheetah.

“Because I have courage,” said Zebra.

“Come in,” said the first cheetah following Zebra in. “My name is Snake, my partners name is Lizard. We are the switching brothers, we decode switched letters.” Said the second cheetah. 

“Perfect,” said Zebra.

Chapter ten

 

“I need to finish this code,” said Zebra handing over the map.

“Awesome,” said Snake. Him and Lizard worked on the code together then said, “You will find Tiger Island.” The map, now decoded, said, “A Tiger With Courage Can Find This Place.”  Zebra hugged the cheetah brothers. “Thank you guys,” said Zebra. When Zebra left the cave, the rain and lightning was gone and it was warm and sunny, thanks to the two cheetahs Snake and Lizard, who had their very first hug. Zebra crossed a bridge to Tiger Island.

Chapter eleven

 

A whole bunch of white tigers ran to Zebra and gave him a crown. “You sir have the most courage I have ever seen, what’s your name?” asked a female white tiger around Zebra’s age.

 “My name is Zebra, a tiger with courage. What’s yours?” Asked Zebra.

“My name is Daisy the queen of white tigers and your new wife.” Replied the white tiger. Zebra purred with delight. All the white tigers lived together again and lived a great life. Zebra is now known as King Zebra.

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Violet Batt


Author's Note

Violet Batt
I named all the animals after other animals.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on June 16, 2013
Last Updated on June 16, 2013
Tags: Tigers, wild cats, adventure, courage, animals, short story, fiction