Never did it touch...

Never did it touch...

A Poem by Requiem Bane
"

It was for my friend...

"

The name of love never did touch my lips, all beauty and sweetness it held was lost on me. My soul was dark and my heart was locked. Away from this world and all the cruel happenings we call reality.

My arms loosely at my sides as I looked over an edge above the vastness of eternity. A single step and freedom would be mine, when a sight caught these weary eyes. Beauty in a form so true, I could not look away.

You made my soul feel anew and my bones begged to be enveloped in a loving embrace. It was then when I realized the one thing I thought lost through time was there. My eyes never beheld something so lovely, so perfect and untainted.

A soul as dark as mine found a door, a portal…a gate to that which I would never let pass my hallowed lips. Now it is all I think of, all I speak of. Love…and my heart. For you are one and the same.

© 2009 Requiem Bane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks, I was a little upset when my darling thought it was...well, one dimensional. Oh well, I really like it. Probably one of the few I did like of mine.

x3

Posted 14 Years Ago


So emotional and tuge at the heartstrings
Written so well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It brought tears to my eyes , the feeling of such a pure and undieing love.. if only if only so sweet and gentle
amazing amazing

Posted 14 Years Ago



This poem sounds like it was written by a poet. In other words, it is truly wonderful! Every word you put into this poem shows some sort of emotion, and by the second line I was caught. The way you described how it was before,

"The name of love never did touch my lips, all beauty and sweetness it held was lost on me. My soul was dark and my heart was locked. Away from this world and all the cruel happenings we call reality. "

was remarkable. It made me have to think about things, and not just slightly ponder, but really try to figure them out. How it felt before love came, and it would feel to have your heart locked away. And the 'cruel happenings we call reality,' was my favorite line, because I've never read someone describing reality so well. When "beauty in a form so true," was spotted, I felt saved, although I knew it was not me. The way you showed the change from alone to finding love was so believable. Great job on this poem, it's beautiful.


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2009

Author

Requiem Bane
Requiem Bane

Canada



About
Requiem Bane; a Lament of Misery, but of course, that's not my real name. I'm Mary. I thought it would be a cool idea to join, seeing as Euphoric Sin was on here. Yeah, I love you Jesse. Age: 16 .. more..

Writing
Perfect? Perfect?

A Story by Requiem Bane



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wonderfully Private Wonderfully Private

A Story by