QUEEN part one.

QUEEN part one.

A Poem by Amadi Judith
"

An ode in praise of women.

"

like the fiery stars she is.
of fearsome glimmering and
magnificent dazzles.
like a drop of gold on the sky.
shiny and bright as sunrise.
like a star of morning
She holds a cradle and a sphere.
grinning under her breath.


breathing lost to excitement.
The beauty of her valour.
Queen of the orchids.
Rich new and young.
Conquest of the arms and years.
To all she is dear and all her dears.
 

© 2013 Amadi Judith


Author's Note

Amadi Judith
The last line implies that she is loved and loves too and caters for others and is also catered for.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i just shelved this work in a library please do the same

Posted 11 Years Ago


The poem is in praise of female and women generally. 'Fiery as the stars' could mean that she is beautiful, vivacious or powerful and indeed it means that she is powerful as the second line offers a clue. but that she is also beautiful if she dazzles. so it means she is beautiful and powerful. her beauty is further described in the fourth line. her beauty is rare too as the sixth line describes her as a star of morning. the six line describes her power. she is a mother and holds the world in her hands too meaning she runs things indeed and is a ruler of earth.
she is a happy woman too and a winner as valour is described. like the valour of childbearing or of other conquests like other women of substance. she is queen o the orchids. she is sensational and splendid, she is naturally beautiful too can be gathered from the eleventh line. the twelfth line tells that her beauty is rich, and new and ever-young, never dying with age. the thirteenth line describes that she wins and that it has been so over the years. The last line tops it up by saying she is loved indeed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013

Author

Amadi Judith
Amadi Judith

About
I am single and searching. Dabbled into biochemistry and psychology and currently no where with my university education. Aspiring for a fulfilling future life, and also hopeful to complete a degree as.. more..

Writing