Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Vivek Koshy

I am not dead
Yet,
My inferences doubt my existence.
Things seen, forgotten tomorrow;
Would my hands move,
Would i see,
Hate the meaningless reasons
Behind the curtains.
Brown days, boils in hand;
The sword of the dawn,
Lives in all of us.
Hard, gusted;
Rotten flesh in the rains to see tomorrow.
Yes, it is summer.

© 2011 Vivek Koshy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A well-rendered existentialist sensibility. The difference between a Euro existentialist sensibility and Zen, Taoist, or Advaita Vedantic, is that the latter forms of enquiry run deeper and don't assume Life needs reasons -- or that Life is determined by form only.

In other words, a contemplative disposition transcends the fretting of the mortal figure to intuit the a priori Ground. One is correct to suspect the veracity of a mere egoic lifespan, but it's nothing to worry about. There is a grace to allowing Consciousness to permeate you without getting in the way. It isn't even that difficult to directly observe that thoughts and feelings and phenomenology are arising in Consciousness.

We are wise to shift from the tormented logic of the figure to the seamless intuition of the Ground.

Your "sword of the dawn" reads like a scythe, but it is also Awareness Itself.

"I" is a Mystery, unbound.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well written, Vivek. I like the depth of this piece and am looking forward to reading your other work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this a lot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My inferences doubt my existence.

If this was church, I'd be yelling preach. We break our poems up in a similar fashion. Exactly how we want them read is how we'd spit them. Alliteration check. Assonance Check. Imagery. All over the f**k.

Cheers. Love the flow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

very thought-provoking and impressive work, this sure was good. such an intriguing poem you've crafted here.
"The sword of the dawn,
Lives in all of us.
Hard, gusted;
Rotten flesh in the rains to see tomorrow.
Yes, it is summer"
now those were good verses! very good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this. it may be because of the last lines.
"Rotten flesh in the rains to see tomorrow.
Yes, it is summer."
...to me it's like a description of the things happening in the NOW and not just writing...I'm no genius but I like this...

Posted 13 Years Ago


complex. sexy. simple.

nice.

there's a lot in you - keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this poem definitely describes how I feel when I'm depressed. It's that feeling of being awake but asleep at the same time. Nothing seems to really matter one way or another.

Posted 13 Years Ago


well written .hope ur writing will lead further heights.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent poem. I loved the strong beginning leading into a write that was also powerful. Great emotion and insight in this. A truly good read! Top marks.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an amazing poem. It clearly illustrates the places of darkness and futility that we all feel from time to time, some of us more than others. (I like to call it "The Black Hole") It questions meaning, existence, and depicts our fundamental aloneness so beautifully. Brava.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2216 Views
61 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2011

Author

Vivek Koshy
Vivek Koshy

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Words Words

A Poem by Desert Dreamer


Ugly Ugly

A Poem by HorrorMaster