What Can Happen In A Second... (Color Version)

What Can Happen In A Second... (Color Version)

A Story by The StoryTeller
"

I wrote this for a journal entry in school for Creative Writing, but this was more based to us here on Writers Cafe. You'll see why. :p You should listen to it.

"

Anything can happen in a second. We all know that, don't we? But we all think of only the negative. How can we be negative centered and try to look at the world positive? When will we stop and realize, "Oh, I've been traveling down this road too long, just trying to find my way back home, the old me is dead and gone, dead and gone, eh?" -T.I. (Dead and Gone)

How long are we going to look into the past? Traveling down that road? Always remembering what was done to us? How long is too long? You'd tell me too long is when you're long gone. When you're lost in your own head, in your own Mind. When you're Shattered and feel No One Sees You.

When you're all alone and wonder, "Would it matter if I was here tomorrow, would anyone care, would anyone lose sleep?" -Skillet (Re-Wording of "Would It Matter?") When you give up. When you're drowning in your own Mind, when you have voices in your head that won't shut up. When you feel if you don't let it out you'll go insane. When you cease to become yourself and begin to become a Pain Bearer.

But how long are we going to hurt? How long are we going to travel down this road? How long is too long? How long are we going to be stuck in this dark pit, this Maze, this Rift, not awake, not alive? (Skillet) How long is it going to take us to wake up? (NF) Trying to find our way back to ourselves, to the light, to our soul, to home? How long are those of us that hate ourselves not going to forgive ourselves and not see that the old us is dead and gone? And not let this Bad Blood dry? (Bastille)

How long are we going to not try to make the old us dead and gone? How long are we going to have Her Pain? How long are we going to be Ashes to Ashes, Looking Up At The Stars In The Sky? How long are we going to be a Beast, Transparent? How long are we going to hide, not Asking Ourselves About The Masks? How long? 

How long? You said that this reminded you of what you need to do. You said it's an important quote. You said you live every day this way. You said you're doing this, but are you seeing The Sunset or Sunrise? Are you seeing positive or negative? Are you truly Living As If You're Gonna Die? Are you Together Forever? How long are you going to lie to yourself? You're not. You're not doing so many of those things many of us say we are. We lie and maybe try a little, but we really don't.

Whether deep down or right there visible on the surface to the non-mask covered eye we know we don't. We don't have time. We are Sands, and we live for mere decades. Nothing in the eye of eternity. A grain of Sand. When will we decide Today I Can and Today I Choose? How long must we disagree with the voice in our head that says Why Not? How long must we suffocate with the fact that We Have A Dark Past?

How long must we see everything as Armageddon? How long will we choose to be fine with This World We Live In? How long will we continue in this cause that'll lead us to a grave that says, "What a waste..." Instead of, "WHAT A LIFE!" "It's not what you're running from, it's what you're running to." -Nicholas Sparks. So today I choose to run to what I've been running to.

I choose to decide Today I Can and I Choose. I choose to listen to Why Not? I choose to realize we are just Sands. I choose to be Together Forever. I choose to positively see The Sunset. I choose to see The Sunrise. I choose to not see Armageddon. I choose not to have Regrets. I choose to forgive, because that old me is dead and gone. I choose to have people and my gravestone say, "WHAT A LIFE!" I choose to Live As If I'm Gonna Die. 

What about you?

Are you with me truly, honestly, and fully?

Will you join me?

© 2015 The StoryTeller


Author's Note

The StoryTeller
The colors were partly chosen on purpose... just read it and tell me what you think. I was gripped in this writing until I finished it, I couldn't stop it... I feel everyone needs to read this... I'm also posting a non-color version. Just tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The message in this means so much and I like how the things that sounded like was meant to stand out more you put in colors, it grabs everyone's attention as if telling them they have to read that line. The way you incorporated the quotes was also great, I'm surprised to say but all those quotes I have read at one point or another just trying to keep my spirits up after a hard time, and they help if you read the right ones. The wording in this stands out and keeps the readers attention.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it and that was the entire point with the quotes. :) A lot of the highlighted wor.. read more
I love this!.... Powerful message

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm so glad you liked it! Only one question though: "Will you join me and the others?"
I love this! Everyone is just going SOOOO negative and they never bless what they had. Sometimes life is just twisted and we never know when will we die. Soon, maybe, but as long as I am thankful to myself, I am fine. A second always change our life to a better road. Never regeret.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I agree so much. All I hear is, "Positive reinforcement! Be happy! Live! Yeah, we're great!" when al.. read more
LuLuIcey

9 Years Ago

Yes please, am doing it in my society too XD
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Mmmmm K, sounds good. :) This is something that needs to take place everywhere... not just where I a.. read more
I love this. Very powerful message captures the truth, we all need to hear. And I'm glad to have read it.
"How long must we disagree with the voice in our head that says Why Not? " some times it feels like the voices in my head and the voices in my heart are two separate entities...always at war. The only thing that helps them keep quiet is driving. Your words have inspired me. To try to be a better , more hopeful person in my life:)
Wonderful write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and I agree... although, sometimes my head isn't the only terrifying place..... read more
How fun. I am a bit cynical at heart. Though, the risk of producing an oxymoron, I am a optimistic cynic. What I mean is, I do believe you should remember our lives are but a flutter in the span of time. Use your time wisely. I also believe that not every human is meant for this ideology of living in the moment.
Remember, your reality is not the same as mine. Some of us need pain and struggle or life is rather dull and meaningless. You don't enjoy, you only want.
So I believe that we should live in the moment, but a little thought on your place, what you'll do, what your life means and some trepidation are not things that chain us, but help us grow.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

No, I completely agree with that, I'm just saying to not let that pain, etc drag you down. I underst.. read more
wow, Blade, really..this is amazing! this is touching, this is moving, this wakes everyone up, this reaches out to everyone here! the colors you use to make references to your writings and your friends, my that sure is beautiful bro. you show how much you care for the broken, the forgotten, for everyone just as God taught us to be. I salute you, I really do.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

No problem, plus we do have a description. :P
jonah

9 Years Ago

yuup okay count me in xD
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Lol, well, join whenever you ready, it's an open join, not invite only.
So true..... bingo... enjoyed this piece a lot.... and it certainly deserves a top slot...

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it, I believe everyone should read it. I didn't expect it to become #1.. read more
CA Anurag Sharma

9 Years Ago

Yes very much my friend
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you are. :)
:D Guys! This as of 8:02 AM on 02-05-15, my story is in the #1 slot for popular writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tks
This is a must read for EVERYONE. YES, EVERYONE. To live in the moment is the best motto I believe anyone can adopt. Wonderful, wonderful read, Blade. I understand the revelation you have had, and how it gripped your pen and you, cajoling you to not keep it to yourself, but to share it with the world.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yes, it gripped me quite furiously, I couldn't stop writing until I felt it was finished to perfecti.. read more
Very nice story . I enjoy reading this one better than your drafted poem for school :-)
It's gripping and very well narrated too . I agreed we'd live as we choose to , for us who have the choice to do so is quite liberating ! But others who don't have much choices ... life become their burden like a fetter .

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and yes, this was a journal entry prompt I chose for school, but I didn't kno.. read more
Mary Bradley

9 Years Ago

Hmmm sure I am with you in trying minimizing people's pain :-) if I Could I Would !
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad for that then! :D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1115 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 5, 2015

Author

The StoryTeller
The StoryTeller

The place of life and happiness., OH



About
I'm changing my name from The Resilient One to The Storyteller and trying to start fresh... believing in myself, believing in others, making this new personality I want to have... I guess I was alread.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..