Chapter 1: A Winter Snow Summer Sunstet

Chapter 1: A Winter Snow Summer Sunstet

A Chapter by Suhido
"

The Harrison Siblings Spend some quality time before reaching the eldest's home.

"

“Good morning Fallsdale!” A joyous voice rings out from the seat next to me.

I turn my head to look at my merry passenger to be greeted with the site of a girl not much younger than me with her face planted against the window. It was close to dusk and the sun had begun to set, leaving the sky a magnificent glow of orange and red.

“It's evening, Winter, you’ve been asleep all day.” I chuckle at her. My little sister never was the sharpest knife in the crayon box, but she had a big heart and bright smile. she’s the counterpart to my somewhat gloomy persona.


“It’s morning whenever I wake up!”She turns away from the glowing sunset and leans back in her seat. Her dyed white hair curling ever so slightly at the tip, revealing her bedraggled face.


The flames of the arid dusk sky illuminates the interior of my car, filling it with a brilliant glow and plastering a shiny smile on my sister’s face as she watches the sun set into the darkening sky. I couldn’t help but to smile. I realize that this was something out of some sappy movie. As if something so fortunate could happen to me. Though I can’t help but feel that  In the coming days, I would never feel so blessed.

“Hey. Stop the car for a minute.” For once Winter sounded serious; something she almost never is. (Which arguably varies in opinion.)

None the less I oblige, slowing to a halt I pull over to the side of the road.


“What is it?” I ask. Winter was never the type to be serious, though whenever she is, it’s for something she considers important.


Without saying a word, she unbuckles her seatbelt and leaves the car.


“Winter? What are you doing?”


I follow after her into the cool summer evening air. A slight gust of wind ripples throughout the trees, causing them to billow and rustle.


Turning the corner of my car I spot winter leaning across the railing. The setting sun leaving only a  thin silhouette of her being engulfed in a radiant light.


“Look.” She tilts her head back and a gust of wind blows through her short hair.


As I walked towards the railing I was blinded by a brilliant orange and red light which glazed the horizon. Standing on the edge of the road on a mountain, Fallsdale glimmered like a city of legends, architecture ablaze in a holy fire that illuminated the entirety of it. The setting sun scouring every inch and corner it could reach, as if it was part of the city itself.


“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Winter whispered. Her voice quiet and frail, though confident.


Staring into the beauty of my new home city, I could only muster a shrill “Yeah”. Fallsdale, a city ablaze in a holy fire. This was my new home.


“I’m jealous. you know that right?” She grabs onto my arm.


“A home all to yourself, your own car, your own beautiful view of your new life.” she whispers, while tightening her grip onto my arm.


“Yeah it’s quite something.” I mutter.


For a moment I wished time would stop. Just me, my sister, a beautiful city blanketed in a fading light, as a gentle breeze brushed through the landscape.


But time will move on, and so will we.


“So I guess this is goodbye then, huh?” Winter’s frail voice broke the silence.


Yeah “But not for forever.” I look at winter and see a single tear stream down her face. She quickly wipes her face with her arm, leaving a tear stained smudged.


“Yeah, that’s a promise”.She musters up the will to smile again. That’s the sister I know. Always putting up a strong front.


We stood there watching the sunset, and as the light began to fade I realized that today was the day I abandoned my old life and move onwards to a new one. Scarlet and Ken wouldn’t be here for me anymore and I wouldn’t be there for them. Dad and Mom won’t be around to remind me or advise me anymore, and I wouldn’t be there to help them at the house. Winter would have my room finally but be missing a brother, and a friend who’s been with her, her entire life. Though it was inevitable. This was a choice I made and I have to take what comes with it. The good and the bad. And I am willing to move forward and take what comes my way.


“Let’s go to your new home!” Winter Claps her hand as the last speck of light fades from the sun, and runs back to the car.

Following after her my thoughts wandered as we got back into the car, and continued up to my new home.

Here is where my story begins, for the better and the worse.




© 2016 Suhido


Author's Note

Suhido
Please give me a constructive criticism! Also Yeah I know my grammars not the best...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on March 22, 2016
Last Updated on March 22, 2016
Tags: Supernatural, Fantasy, Romance, Anima


Author

Suhido
Suhido

About
My name is actually Austin. I've been writing since a young age, but only recently have I received the passion to get serious to continue writing. I am open to criticism as long as it is not to the e.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Suhido