Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ana Drake

"Laura? Whats going on in there?"

 I look back to him and smile. "Too much."

 Emmett laughs a little, leaning back to relax against the couch. "Same here."

 Watching him, I can clearly see the battle going on behind his gaze. It seems to be similar to the I'm dealing with. Instinctively I scoot closer and lock my eyes with his. Does he feel the way I do? We kissed once but he never spoke on it afterward, so maybe not. Then again if he didn't then why are we here? Why is his black eyes combing over me so lustfully? Black eyes... Perfect timing, he's hungry.

"Then maybe we shou-" I hesitate, catching the air in my lungs. If I start this there will be no turning back, so I have to be sure.

"What Laura?"

  I continue holding my breath while I try to think. But I already know what I must do. I've given my oath to the dead men and women of my village, and to my family. There is no other choice. I cant allow these new feeling to surpass the ones I've had for so many years. I must avenge my family, nothing else can come before that.Besides Emmett is part of that, there's noway I can have both. I have to accept that.  So I begin to breath again, and push back my fear.

"Maybe we should stop thinking for a little while." I suggest, sliding even closer to him.

 Then once I can see he's feeling the same way, I don't wait for his answer, I just lean in and kiss him. His lips are cold but soft and enticing. Then once I feel them part I press into him and wrap an arm around his back. The decision is made, now all that's left is to ride it out and see where it goes. But I know one thing for sure, if I live through this, nothing will ever be the same. Including me.

 Our kiss deepens as Emmett's hands begin to roam my body, before they rest on my hips and he pulls me on top him. His body is so hard, but somehow it still feels right. My blood begins to warm and my skin tingles. I know how strong his is, I've seen it, but as he runs his fingers up my spine I'm not surprised by how tender his touch is.It's his special roughly smooth personality that I love the most. At times I almost forget what he really is. Right now I've even forgot what I am. Until his cell phone begins ringing, and I forced back to the reality of what's really happening. Emmett's mouth slowly parts with mine, I want to pull him back to me and demand he ignore it but I think that's just the hormones talking, keep my mouth shut.

"Alice?" He whispers staring at his cell phone, the conflict going on inside him is clearly written on his face.

 Is he changing his mind about this? He doesn't look guilty, but sometimes I cant really tell what hes thinking. When it goes to voice-mail and he sets the phone back down and looks back to me with a sly grin. I breath I sigh of relief and continue on, eagerly meeting his lips once more. Whatever his sister had wanted it doesn't seem to be as important as this moment, and for that I'm thankful.

 We continue down our passionate path. I run my hands through his dark curls and tug a little. Emmett's grasp on me grows tighter but not to the point of where it hurts at all. The phone rings again, but we both ignore it. Emmett doesn't pause for even a second consider answering. Instead in one quick motion Emmett flips me onto my back, before comfortably resting himself between my legs. He combs my hair away for my face and for a moment the world pauses. I consider telling him the only thing I care about at this moment, but I can't. I don't want him to think later that I had just said it to get what I wan't. Because that is so far from the truth.

Thankfully Emmett interrupts my thought once again by running his cold tongue up the side of my neck, sending warm tremors up my spine. My excitement peaks and I tighten my thighs around. Our bodies tightly connected, my hands trembles as I slide an open palm up his shirt. Quickly getting lost in the smooth contours of his stomach. Yes his skin is cold to the touch but the fire rising within me will heat us both for days. Again the phone rings, but still we ignore it.

 I pull off Emmett's shirt, our mouths always remaining connected, then go to work on mine. But the buttons are being difficult so it takes forever. I cant stand the wait, and neither can Emmett. Only halfway finished, he pulls way hands down and begins ripping away at it himself. He practically tares it to shreds, using only one hand, along with the camisole beneath. But I stop him with a passionate kiss before he can do the same to my bra. Other than the fact its my favorite one, I still need it for now.

 The phone continues to ring in the background, whatever Alice wants it must be important because she isn't giving up. So hesitantly I pull away, I hope this isn't a bad decision. But I cant accept hurting him anymore than I have to.

"You should answer that, it could be important. And I don't mind waiting." I say still warm and breathless.

Emmett glances at the phone considering it. "No. I've made my decision."


© 2013 Ana Drake


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's very easy to see and feel the action and intensity for quite a few words.
What I liked the most about this is how the first person POV really helped in adding tension to the story. It's hard to write 1st person POV stories, and this one just came out with pure power. A very very good work.

Thanks for this one. A great read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Thankx alot! :)



Reviews

It's very easy to see and feel the action and intensity for quite a few words.
What I liked the most about this is how the first person POV really helped in adding tension to the story. It's hard to write 1st person POV stories, and this one just came out with pure power. A very very good work.

Thanks for this one. A great read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Thankx alot! :)
oh. my. god. like Gawd. Whoa. so .... intense. Ioved it. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Lol, thankx. I wasn't sure about this, I couldn't sleep last night so I had to find away to distract.. read more
Asilem

11 Years Ago

Welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: twilight, fanfiction, love, lies, betrayal, death, birth, child, rosalie, emmett, cullen's, hope, pain, drama, family, depression, story, control, evil, romance, triangle


Author

Ana Drake
Ana Drake

Columbus, OH



About
Greetings my fellow writers. I would like to give thankx to my great friends here at Writerscafe. I am all too happy to be in such good company, you all give me the will to keep writing. Now, ab.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ana Drake