Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Ana Drake

                              Whatever it takes

I've always loved beautiful thing’s...
Clothes, jewelry and such thing’s. And I've always had them. From my first life, right in to this one. 
And I've always been beautiful myself...
It’s was a simple task to catch a man’s eye, even though it was my undoing.
But the most beautiful thing of all, the creation of another life, is the one thing that I've ever been denied.
It’s been the dark cloud over my heart since the day I woke to find myself changed forever.
I've truly believed that dream of golden curls, and eyes the color of violates, would never see the light of dawn.

That was until Bella, the girl I thought would bring only trouble into my families lives, was given that gift herself.
Renesmee. Not an immortal child. But a real, growing, changing child.
And I tried to be satisfied..
Spending all the time I could with her. Teaching her about all the beauty she could find in life.
For a time I actually forgot the emptiness driving my days.

And then Bella woke up and I began to realize that she would never be mine.
She was Bella’s child, and Edward’s. Not to mention the dog that was never far behind.
But this didn't mean, all was lost...
No, now I knew how to create a life of my own. And I never imagined it could be so simple.
All I need is the right surrogate, and a little help from Emmett. -Rosalie

  I'm so foolish for not realizing it sooner. I mean, weeks have passed, and  that time is much is greater when you never sleep. But I've just been so obsessed with  Renesmee, how amazing she is, and how she grows even better with each passing day. I thought her to be my salvation, which is true but now it just in other ways.

  Bella... The croan that's grasped Edwards heart. I've hated her from the moment I first laid eyes on her in that cafeteria. See, it may seem like I am only worried about myself, which is mostly true but that doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. I was watching that first day when Edward couldn't seem to look away for her. What he was seeing I'll never know, she's so extraordinarily y bland. A completely lost cause. I knew once he'd saved her from that damn van, in front of everyone, that it was just the beginning of much more trouble to come. And as usual I was right, trouble flocked to the cow, though no one seemed to care except me.

  I even think Edward believed that somewhere within me I felt jealous that he'd chosen her over me. And perhaps that was slightly true, for about a millisecond before I remembered I had someone better, someone who will always love me unconditionally. After that I hated her for much better reasons. That was until I got the phone call, it came out of nowhere and turned my life on its side.

 I was sitting in my room, barely dressed, gazing at myself in the mirror , my mind partially blank. It was nearing dusk, but for some reason I didn't want to go out. To do anything actually. Then my phone rang, it was a number I didn't recognize. I never saw a need to have Bella's number. Out of sheer boredom I answer. To my surprise it was Bella, sounding desperate and asking for my help. Mildly interested, I remained on the phone to hear her out. What she said instantly changed what was my life.

  Happily I took on the role of her protector, no matter what, she would have that baby. Though each passing day I could see the desperation in Edward's eyes grow, along with the hatred toward me for helping Bella die. And truthfully there was a part of me that hoped Bella would die, even if that meant Edward would follow her. Because the child would live, not matter what, and then I have something I haven't dreamed of in years. A child of my own.

 But that was not how it would be, to my disdain, Bella not only survived the ordeal but she became a vampire. Now and forever a part of my family. Regardless, I was amazed at the gift she'd been given and immediately love the moment I laid eyes on that beautiful angel. So as Bella slept, I took care of her. She's so smart, she learned everything so quickly. Even before she began to speak, which wasn't long at all, I could see the bright mind behind those large walnut colored eyes.

 And she was lucky to have me there for her, Edward wouldn't even look at the girl for days. Plus, some one had to instill in her a sense of fashion that would be absolutely lost on her trailer-park themed mother. Everything was so perfect in those first three days. Even though the dog boy had formed some sort of bond with  Renesmee, that I still find inappropriate and disgusting, I literally held me dream in the palm of my hands.But then Bella woke an immortal, so excited to see her new daughter and begin their new life, which mean my time with her would be cut drastically. Renesmee

 Still I tried to remain content, I knew it was greedy of me to want all of Renesmee's time. And I lasted for awhile. The upcoming conflict with the Vulturi distracted us all. No one would ever hurt remessme , on my life. But as I stood tense and ready in that clearing and watched that half-vampire boy, Nahuel, appear from the trees behind with Alice and Jasper, an idea began to form. And that night when Edward took his family back to their new cottage in the forest, I stayed with the boy and learned all I could about his origins.

  It all began to fall into place then, I could have that family I longed for. I could have  children, as many as I wished. For the time being I didn't need to worry about the Volturi's interference. All I needed was the right girl. I could take care of her like I did Bella and when the child dug its way from within her stomach, I would be there to take it as my own.
 
  Thinking from every angle, I believe carrying it out should be fairly simple. Of course I'll need is to get Emmett on my side, I can only hope he wants a family the way I do. We've talked about it before, creating a family together, but never when it was an actual possibility. And I'll need to be very careful around Edward. Which is about the least of my problems. I've always enjoyed my privacy so I learned early on that less is more. Distract myself with the petty things and he'll never see what's really important. 
 
The only sticky part may be Alice, but I believe I can hold out on making a decision just long enough to see this through. I have to, no one can know what I am planning until it's already mine. Then no matter if they disagree with my methods, at that point they have no choice but to accept what's already happened.

 So first I spend few days alone, away from home. Emmett wanted to come along but I told him I needed some solitude. What I really need is to get my plan in order before can face Edward, Alice and most of all Esme. I know still will be the most disappointed with my decision. But if she considers my happiness, she'll see this is the only way. After four days of nothing but resting in the dark of my hotel room, dreaming of a young girl with golden waves and violet colored eyes. And then purging my mind of it all, I return home my normal self. While deep in the back of my mind thinking there isn't anything that will stop this from happening.


© 2013 Ana Drake


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on November 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: twilight, fanfiction, love, lies, betrayal, death, birth, child, rosalie, emmett, cullen's, hope, pain, drama, family, depression, story, control, evil, romance, triangle


Author

Ana Drake
Ana Drake

Columbus, OH



About
Greetings my fellow writers. I would like to give thankx to my great friends here at Writerscafe. I am all too happy to be in such good company, you all give me the will to keep writing. Now, ab.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ana Drake