Fire Lily...

Fire Lily...

A Poem by Voice
"

A woman who won�t let domestic abuse break her�

"

*Fire Lily*

He would beat her

Until she bled

He could break her body

But he couldn’t break her spirit

Because a Fire Lily

Is wild

He could overpower her

Will her to her knees

But he had no will over her dreams

Because a Fire Lily

Sees only beauty

He lit his cigarettes

Just to burn her

But he couldn’t burn her soul

Because a Fire Lily

Can withstand the flames

He could shout and scream

Until his face turned blue

But his insults couldn’t pierce her

Because a Fire Lily

Has no ears for harsh words

As much as he beat her,

Overpowered her,

Burned her,

And screamed at her

He couldn’t kill her

Because a Fire Lily

Is like a pistol

She shoots back

He should have known

He couldn’t control her

She is to strong

Because a Fire Lily

Is meant to be…

                     free

 

© 2009 Voice


Author's Note

Voice
I hope everyone understands the ending of this poem�just a little hint to carefully read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh.. Voice.. this is just beautiful.. brilliant.. so extremely riveting.. the strength is so intensely flowing .. I sense an admiration on two levels here both your own developing inner strength and that of another that you have found on a new level within yourself coming through.. amazing work! Your passion pulses through my blood returning hope that young do have such under-rated strength.. I feel you have a very special purpose and "voice" to be heard in this world.. so young but brilliant and loving heart.. you stand for many things.. A young aspriring Protector of Love, Truth and Justice really come through with you.. you remind me that we all need to channel that hurt and energy into the most positive impact starting with ourselves.. else the world will not heal and every individual will be lost and without... a voice! Your work is an inspiration.. and even one my age can learn from someone like you.. thank you! =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think I understand the poem but everyones perspective is different
Great Write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Voice, simply amazing . They say that pictures are worth a thousand words, but this is far better than any picture I have ever seen . You have an unimaginable way with words . If I had one tenth of the talent you had I would be happy . I hope you keep writing all of your life, you will someday be one of the world's most famous authors and it will be an honor for me to know that I read some of your first pieces of work . This is truelly a masterpiece . I would love to see you become an published author . Please continue with your wonderful, marvelous words . I don't know what I would do without you masterpieces . After reading this, I found myself at a loss of words, so stunned at how beautiful it was . Please continue your works and you will someday be way to big for this site and will move on to bigger and better things .

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes dear i understand all too well again you hit the spot with another outstanding poem i am in awe of your work

Posted 15 Years Ago


I feel theres alot of your own strength in this, and I really think you should send it to Womens refuges, I saw a poem on a wall one day when i went to visit my friend at a refuge and it was written and sent by a 21 year old girl, this is better. Its in depth its unbelievably powerful and its one of those 'conquering' poems that if u read it the words give you strength. Well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have fallen in lvoe with this. It is truely amazing. And I as well love the ending.
It sounds like something someone would say in their mirror every morning so that they can reflect on their life and encourage the will to be happy and strong.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so amazing! I love the ending and the way you worded it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


so riveting, well-written and inspiring. Truly you have a wonderful talent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A good poem and a good write, I have a friend who refuses to better herself in her abusive relationship. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


While I'm so dumb and simple minded I don't get the ending, it is beautiful none the less, I can feel the emotion behind the words, beautiful Voice, simply beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


your little body with a LOUD VOICE!! amazing...
you are such a talent a true raw talent with
such grace>.... this message.. again.. was striking!!!!
it's going in my favorites!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 31, 2009
Last Updated on March 31, 2009

Author

Voice
Voice

Wouldn'tyouliketoknowyoucreeperSTRANGERDANGER, MI



About
more..

Writing
Numb Numb

A Poem by Voice


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Voice


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Voice



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Salem Salem

A Poem by Voice


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet