Cold Circle

Cold Circle

A Poem by Voncloud
"

The piece focuses on moments in which we do not know who to trust due to either rumors or gossipers. What do we do when our Social Circle is not at all helpful?

"

Frozen thoughts link with a past i can't forget; the process of forgetting some things is happening at a glacial pace. Sometimes apart from true friends and the support of family all i have is my pen and paper; its my form of escapism during bleak times. I try my best to please those who have my back; little by little however, i find myself regretting certain connections. Bitter people with gargantuan appetities for my demise throw verbal missiles  with the intent of revenge; nothing would please them more than realising that i'm falling into a pit of stalagmites. Rumours  spread and circulate like tornadoes and the truth is never mentioned. How does it feel to find out that someone you always thought you could count on was busy playing paparazzi? I dont feel disgruntled or saddened, I feel angry for being naive and stupid. Claims filled with inclimency are made in broad daylight and try as i might, not hearing them is quite a challenge. I don't have time to respond to these people though, especially when it comes to rumours, third-parties can make as many rumours as they please and try to break me, but what they dont realise is i get to gain something out of this. Its only through your tough times that you realise your true friends and who the rumour-mill suppliers are. Its like an indirect filter for a social circle filled with uncertainty.

 

All thats left at the end of the day in my book is the art of not giving a damn.

© 2012 Voncloud


Author's Note

Voncloud
i don't mind being told all the bad i've done, review to the best of your abilities =) even if it's all negative...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very honest and real. I like your style, it's easy to read. Very good.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 7, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2012
Tags: Social circle, friendship, betrayal, trust, forgiveness, rumors

Author

Voncloud
Voncloud

Moscow, Russia



About
i always go for the original...i don't mind bad reviews at all because they help me improve my skill. I like music, art (mainly art)and meeting new people. I'm also a part time lyricist since i rap, b.. more..

Writing
Broken Pieces Broken Pieces

A Story by Voncloud