Early Endings

Early Endings

A Poem by Voncloud

Life is a journey that does not have a specific direction; the signs are there, but they are not nearly as visible as those on a real road. As we grow up we start realising how things in the past were much easier, with the occassional "Damn, i wish i could do that again, but better". An unavoidable sense of nostalgia that sometimes has us wishing we could go back in time. Life sometimes, if not always, leaves you looking like a funambulist; walking on a tight rope feeling like you have no control over the direction you wish to take; Hobson's choice at best. There are indeed rough patches in life, everyone knows that, but giving up is obviously not the best choice because we can always make something good out of what we're given in the present. Learning how to be versatile will have us gaining a stronger grip on what happens in our lives. We have to remember that as we travel, we do not move alone, we have friends and family that make the experience worthwhile because they've probably stuck with us since birth. It is an exodus that involves us moving to a brighter future; a future in which all of us play a part. So let us reminisce, but at the same time remember that our past is gone and done for; what we have to focus on is our present and how it is going to change our future.

 

Death. Noone looks forward to their death even though they know it could come at any moment. What matters is not how long people will mourn you after you die, but what difference you would have brought to the world before you die. Live life to its fullest, grinning 24/7 if you have to because unlike Super-Mario we only get one life, which we have to cherish ever so dearly. Let us be the type of people who cause happiness wherever they go......not whenever they go...

© 2012 Voncloud


Author's Note

Voncloud
i put great effort into this one, please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've put some really interesting thoughts in it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful. Such wisdom. The meaning of life from beginning to end. Understanding that life is a driving force with many roads and many journeys. Courage is needed and giving up is not an option. Learn,grow,live and never look back. This is the wisdom that I perceived from your Poem. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Nice piece! I liked your thoughts...keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2012
Tags: life, past, present, future, decisions, priorities, time, death

Author

Voncloud
Voncloud

Moscow, Russia



About
i always go for the original...i don't mind bad reviews at all because they help me improve my skill. I like music, art (mainly art)and meeting new people. I'm also a part time lyricist since i rap, b.. more..

Writing
Broken Pieces Broken Pieces

A Story by Voncloud