Awakening

Awakening

A Chapter by Vouren

Gravel began crushing under the monumental weight of the dragon as it began to shift its weight. Steam puffed from the beast's nose and mouth, echoing it's deep breaths. Reinhardt could see scales beginning to flex across the beast as it's lungs filled with air. He couldn't think of a greater way to test out his new abilities. 
Taking the chance to go on the offensive, Reinhardt sprinted towards the unsuspecting dragon. Within a few steps he was within striking range. The distance he had covered should have taken him twice as long but the newly awakened powers coursing through his body made him endlessly stronger, and faster.
Side stepping the blast of fire, he threw his sword, end over end, driving it into the animal's side. Crying out in pain Reinhardt easily dodged an attempt to crush him with one of it's massive claws. Closing the distance between them, he grabbed hold of his sword and ripped it free of the beast.
Raising onto it's back legs the dragon attempted to crush Reinhardt again with one of it's clawed hands. Putting his sword between himself and the beast he caught the strike and held it from crushing him. Although his arms and back were straining to keep the weight of the beast off him it would have been impossible for him to have fought like this before awakening. 
The ground beneath him began to break and he started to lose his balance. Focusing more of his energy into his arms, Reinhardt turned the blade of his sword and sliced through the dragon's hand, letting the other half drop to the ground behind him. Pressing the attack, Reinhardt dodged another blast of fire and drove his sword straight into the creature's chest.
Not used to fighting anything that could match it's own strength the Red dragon spread its wings and took flight. The speed it jerked up at ripped his sword from his hands. Unlatching his Dragon's tail, he lashed out with it, trying to catch the hilt of his sword. 
"Give me back my sword!" Pushing up with his legs, Reinhardt jumped into the air. As he flew through the sky he couldn't help but feel more free than he ever had before. All of the power that flowed through his body had made him something completely different than he believed was possible.
Grabbing hold of the hilt, he placed his feet in the beast's body and pulled his sword free. No longer holding onto anything he began to fall back to the earth. While he fell he could hear the essence of the sword calling to him again. The darkness from within his body was gathering inside the blade, waiting to be used. Finally willing to give himself over to the will of the sword he followed its guidance and cut.
A beam of dark energy tore away from the sword and impacted the fleeing dragon, cutting it in two. Turning over in the air, he impacted the ground, cracking it into thousands of pieces.
Taking a moment to brush the dust off his body he fell to the ground in pain. The black tattoo's had begun pulsating with heat, nearly burning his body. Pulling his mind back into focus he stood. Since most of the city had been burned to the ground it was impossible for him to find anything, or anyone, that could help him. 
Looking back towards the gates he remembered Roas and her fight with Briver. Searching nearby he managed to find a cloak that would keep his body hidden for the time being. If she was alive he didn't want her seeing him like this, or not until he could fully explain what was happening.
Taking one last look at the body parts of the large Red Dragon felt a sense of pain for the loss. It was a beautiful creature, but it had been extremely dangerous and it would have killed him, and many other, if he hadn't stopped it. Picking up a steady run, Reinhardt finally began his search for Roas.


© 2012 Vouren


Author's Note

Vouren
What do you feel about this chapter? I couldn't tell if it was too short or enough to prove that his new abilities vastly strengthened him.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like this could have been part of the previous chapter. Maybe fleshed out a little more.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012


Author

Vouren
Vouren

NH



About
First and foremost I love to write, that is why I'm here. Everything I work on falls into a single universe created called The Last Stand. Along with my writing i also dab into drawing (and I mea.. more..

Writing
Revival Revival

A Chapter by Vouren


Escape Escape

A Chapter by Vouren