Darkness

Darkness

A Chapter by WMSays
"

What is beautiful about nothingness?

"

They tell you darkness is the absence of light, something that stands for nothing. And saying that is the cruelest thing ever. The darkness is in you, and it shadows you and surrounds you. It is much more than you think it is. It is the blood that seeps through old wounds and flows out of fresh cuts. It is what you see when you look in a mirror through tears. It is that small part of your growing soul that will remain forever. It goes hand in hand with your soul, it may or may not grow but it doesn't ever leave.

It defines you.

Your darkness is your definition and that doesn't make it the absence of your happiness. For we know ourselves the best in the times studded with tears. And not in those glittering with smiles. Happiness is what we sought to achieve. And our darkness is the thing that makes us and changes us. In a crowded room, full of people partying hard you will only hear a laugh. But the person behind the smile is shaped by the dark. And yet there was a laugh, their laugh. Because darkness doesn't stand for sadness, it stands for understanding and embracing the evils of this world. And finding a way for your soul to survive amidst all that.

Its a journey. You are born and the first thing you do is open your eyes to such light; to view the wonderful world. A lump of clay is all you are surrounded by happy faces. But then age, time and the cold world make you suffer. And that first hit is a bang. It changes you. The first hit, the virgin encounter with betrayal, hatred, cruelty or pure evil is when your darkness is awakened. The darkness is never born it is only awakened because the human soul is created with its darkness. It just lurks around the outskirts of the conscious mind until a loud bang breaks open all doors and it swims in. 

And afterwards you are never the same again. You think different through a mind shaken by the dark. You see things uniquely. Simple everyday things; a crowd of people laughing seems like a heard of lost naive travelers. You are in the same room as them but you feel so far away. From a distant mountain you look down at the small group and laugh at them. At their laughs. Because they see whats in front of them; a joke or maybe some wine. But you are high up there and you can see what surrounds them; the hatred of this world and the evils it is full of. You can see all of it because you have been touched by it. And they seem naive because they cant. 

Its true that you may get rid of the hurt of the betrayal and the scar of the evil but you will never be the same again. You will remain forever changed by the darkness the world has gifted you with. Though it sounds like a curse to a carry the load of such experiences in every glance. But it is not, it is the gift of being different, of having the eye to be able to see the beauty of nothingness.

You see, the darkness is the purest of all things, even light. Its like a silent fire which reduced everything in its wake to sheer nothingness even when it exists right there. It is a velvet robe that covers all material things there are for the eye to see so it can turn inward. And when the eye has nothing to see outside as it has all been concealed in the vault of the darkness, it turns to see the soul. The darkness around him rests on his shoulders comfortably and his eye goes deeper into his soul. It touches the parts he didn't even know were there. And how could he? For he lives in a busy world full of things to see. But now with his sweet guardian pressing lightly on his back, it feels like he has all the time in the world. And out of such times comes the journey of self-discovery.

The darkness is a curtain that hides you and your demons. It is the greatest secret keeper. It holds more stories than light itself since the start of times. It an escape where the adventures of soul, the truth, the truth, the secrets and the fears slumber. And they wake when he who has embraced the dark turns to them. Not to exterminate them but to embrace. For our faults are just as much as our part as our perfections.

The dark room and a dark one get together to revisit those old friends people hide as skeletons in their closets.  He greets them like his present rather than his past. For they maybe the outcomes of the tragedies from the past but they live in him still. They reside in the darkness that lingers onto his soul. Defining him.



© 2016 WMSays


Author's Note

WMSays
please comment, review etc

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautifully written, like an extended poem. I totally relate and you do a great job conveying your thoughts. maybe change up your word for Darkness every once in a while?
also the sentence "The dark room and a dark one get together to revisit those old friends people hide as skeletons in their closets." was a bit confusing.
It was really very hard to find anything at all that needed improvement! color me impressed and hoping you will continue to write more, you obviously have a passion and a talent. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WMSays

8 Years Ago

Hey . thanks for reading and reviweing,.
I had given up on writing but now I am thinking mayb.. read more
Sarah Wilson

8 Years Ago

You definitely shouldn't!



Reviews

Beautifully written, like an extended poem. I totally relate and you do a great job conveying your thoughts. maybe change up your word for Darkness every once in a while?
also the sentence "The dark room and a dark one get together to revisit those old friends people hide as skeletons in their closets." was a bit confusing.
It was really very hard to find anything at all that needed improvement! color me impressed and hoping you will continue to write more, you obviously have a passion and a talent. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WMSays

8 Years Ago

Hey . thanks for reading and reviweing,.
I had given up on writing but now I am thinking mayb.. read more
Sarah Wilson

8 Years Ago

You definitely shouldn't!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 15, 2016
Last Updated on March 15, 2016
Tags: dark, happy, sad, beauty, life, soul, injured, hurt, pain, revival


Author

WMSays
WMSays

About
18 year old girl who thinks a bit deep. I write to vent, its no specific genre. Its self-discovery and the secrets nature tries to tell us. more..

Writing
CONCEALED CONCEALED

A Book by WMSays