The Delusion (Part 2)

The Delusion (Part 2)

A Story by Ian Faraway
"

A very symbolic dream about trying to chase after a girl who runs away. Run from the darkness and to the light where she is... will I make it?

"
                   I opened my eyes and found myself looking at a dark sky. Evil, threatening clouds swam in the sky. I shivered and focused my attention to what was around me.

                I sat up and sighed deeply as I noticed vine walls to my left and right. A small mist came out of my mouth and rose in front of my eyes and then vanished. That’s when I noticed how cold it was. Goose bumps covered my body like an allergic reaction.

                I closed my eyes and shook my head slowly in attempt to make the delusions disappear. But it was no delusion, and so it did not vanish. I saw that the walls to my sides were both tall. My jaw went ajar when I saw that it went up to the point where I could only see the sky right above me and between the two walls.

                Strange, dark clouds should have cut off my light so I couldn’t see. But I could. There was a vine wall to my left, a path in front of me, and a vine wall to my right and also behind me. Great.

                I looked down sadly and saw I was standing on soft dirt. I, again, shook my head in frustration.

                What the hell is this place? I asked myself.

                I took a step forward; however, my foot got stuck on a vine sticking out of the soft dirt. I stumbled forward and hit the vine wall on my left.

                I mumbled angrily at myself for being clumsy when I noticed something even odder than this place. The vine walls were made completely out of vines. There was no solid surface holding it up or supporting it. The vines just stayed there as the walls without help. I squinted my eyes and leaned forward to see that there was light on the other side of the vine wall.

                My heart pounded with excitement. I took off along the corridor sticking to the left vine wall. I followed it for what seemed to be hours.

                Finally, I came to a small cross over that could barely fit me. I walked through it breathlessly to the other side of the vine wall.

                I found a large, round field area covered in grass. In the middle was a small archway that had vines climbing onto it. It was an archway you would see in a romantic movie. The white, small archway that could fit two people.

                But the archway was occupied by one person. A girl. A girl with long brown hair and brown eyes. She held out her hand to me and whispered in her soft voice.” I’ll be here when you need me.”

                The words were spoken in pure hatred and venom. But she had a sweet smile on her face and almost innocent expression on her face. I quickly discarded the hatred in her voice. I almost forgot it.

                I was about to step forward when the clouds overhead suddenly moved down above the archway. Then lightning filled the field with loud noises and bright flashes. I moved my right hand up to block the bright light from the lightning from hurting my eyes.

                When the lightning stopped, I looked towards the archway. She was no longer standing there. But I barely saw part of her white gown vanished behind another crossover on the other side of the field, behind the archway.

                I ran after her as fast as my feet could carry me. A loud crackling sound came from behind me and I took one quick glance. The once tall, healthy, prosperous vine walls were now withering into ashes and a wind blew them around. I looked up and saw that there was sunlight above me, but the dark clouds were chasing after me. Along with the withering vine walls that collapsed.

                I felt no emotion, but I tried quickening my pace to try and catch up to her. I focused on running towards the sunlight and the green vine walls in front of me. In the distance, I spotted her running too. As soon as I saw her, a soft but cruel laughed sounded in my ear. It belonged to her.

                We ran for what seemed to be like days. But I was still running with little or no problems. I didn’t stop and I didn’t want to. However, the space between me and her never changed. I didn’t get farther away but never got closer.

                I was about to give up running and cave into the chaos behind me that was still chasing me, when I saw that she stopped and turned to face me. She held out her right hand again and whispered,” I’ll be here when you need me. Let me be there for you.”

                I took one big breath and sprang forward with a renewed determination to reach her. But, as I was closing the distance between us, something happened. The ground started to shake and I lost my balance and fell upon the ground. I slowly got up and looked in her direction. She was almost 200 feet away. I hesitated but as soon as I looked back and saw that the chaos behind me closing in, I ran forward. I wasn’t sprinting, hell I could barely jog with the ground shaking so much.

                I was about 100 feet away from her when the ground started to crack underneath my feet.  I panicked and tried running faster. But it was too late. The ground in front of me collapsed on itself and fell down into a bottomless abyss. As I was about to join the falling, I grappled a piece of vine without knowing it.  

                So I dangled there, trying my hardest not to lose my grip and let go.

                I couldn’t pull myself up or move to either side. I was just gently swaying there. I looked behind me to see her standing on the same path she was standing on before. She was holding out her hand still and had a sweet, innocent smile upon her face. The vines around her were no longer walls, but they were green and the sun was up on her side. But I soon noticed a dark, electric waves of gas appear in the sky above. I soon realized the clouds were here.

                My eyes went wide as the vine I held broke into black ash and went through my hands. Then I fell into the abyss screaming at the top of my lungs. The last thing I saw was her standing there with her hand outreached and I triumphant smile on her face. No longer sweet or innocent.

                I screamed at the top of my lungs but then stopped. I opened my eyes and realized I was sitting up in my bed with sweat pouring down my face.

© 2010 Ian Faraway


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Could be a very good series of stories. I like the description and detail of the thoughts and dream. I had to read this one a second time for the places you took me with your words were written with skill and strength. A nice ending to a outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


From reading from your beginning to your ending you improved and become a stronger and better writing in so many ways and for that I clap and say "Bravo." As for story I'm glad to know more about the first Delusion and the second one was just as good. That was much spooky and what a dream to the extreme and just a surprise to see that was all it was. Thought to be an angel to stay with you forever but, gone and still bringing shills through the night. Nicely done with descriptions and all. Keep up this writing talent of yours.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with the other reviews. I enjoyed this very much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dakota, I read several of your writings. You're excellent. At your age I was not very far past simple poetry, I can't wait to see how your writing grows! Consider me a Dakota fan. Wow! I'm impressed kiddo. I loved your images and feelings in The Delusion 1 & 2, and felt great sadness in Man W***e. Keep writing, Dakota.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love dis poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really interesting. Very well written, but there were a few typos (but you probably already know)
But, anyways, great job!(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's strange because that's how I wrote it out but every time I type it from the paper, there's always typos. Thanks!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This reads well and is interesting. I caught a couple of typos. There are some tense problems, but it definitely catches the attention.
Typos below
But I could. There was a vine wall to my left, a path in front of my(me)
The one(once) tall, healthy, prosperous vine walls were not(now) withering into ashes and a wind blew them around.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010
Tags: heartbreak, symbolism, dream, romance, desire

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..