Debatable Nickname

Debatable Nickname

A Stage Play by Ian Faraway
"

The first day of school comes around and the teacher asks "What do you want me to call you?" What would you want to be called?

"

{Two friends sit in a classroom facing the audience pretending to copy down notes}


Teacher: Ok, kids, I am going to hand you an index card and I want you to write down names that you would prefer me to call you. And then names of what you don’t want to be called. {Passes out index cards}


Dakota: {laughs shortly} I know what I want to be called.


Sam: {Looks at him before he starts writing on index card} I want to be called Sammi.


Teacher: {Comes from behind} Sorry, we already have a Sammi in this class.


Sam: {looks down and mumbles} Fudgicles.


Dakota: Don’t beat yourself up. Just call yourself Sam, Samuel, Sam the Man, or Samantha. {laughs again}


Sam: {Fakes laugh} Very funny, dickhead. What are you going to call yourself?


Dakota: Well I want thinking of Dakota, Brownies, Isac, or Donkey Kong


Sam: {Laughs} Brownies? I think I might just call you DK, man.


Dakota: What’s so funny about Brownies?


Sam: I don’t know, I just don’t think it fits you.


Dakota: The hell it doesn’t. I am the Brownie KING!


Sam: So because you can make pre-made brownies, you should be called ‘Brownies’?


Dakota: HEY! Making Pre-made is harder than it looks. It takes a lot of concentration and focus.


Sam: Please, you have the attention span of a rock… what are you doing now? {Looks at Dakota’s paper}


Dakota: What? I’m drawing a stickfigure jumping off a plane that’s about to get hit with a comet that has another stickfigure on it.


Sam: Ugh, this just proves my point.


Dakota: What point?


Sam: That you have no attention span at all.


Dakota: I do too. I just… don’t use it.


Sam: Sure. Whatever you say.


Dakota: Come on, man. Why DK?


Sam: Why Brownies? I mean if you’re going to name yourself after a snack then call yourself ‘Twinkies’!


Dakota: What? NO! That doesn’t even make sense!


Sam: I suits you. I’m going to call you Twinkies for now on. {smiles}


Dakota: It so does not. Do I look amazingly delicious on the inside but soft and horrible tasting on the outside?


{Sam looks at him}


Dakota: Don’t answer that. Besides, you’re insulting me. You’re pretty much calling me a ‘dick’ and I’m not THAT much of a prick.


Sam: Sure you aren’t.


Dakota: At least Brownies are 1) delicious 2) delicious 3) good on inside AND out. And most importantly they’re DELICIOUS…and easy to make.


Sam: I told you!


Dakota: So?


Sam: Fine, whatever, Brownies.


Dakota: Thank you. {Smiles victoriously}


{Teacher walks behind them and takes index cards}


Teacher: Dakota… Brownies, Isac, donkey Kong… You know Brownies doesn’t seem to suit you.


Dakota: {Mumbles and throws pen on tables} Son of a b***h.

 

                                END SCENE

© 2010 Ian Faraway


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

HA! King of Brownies. Totally. :D Really funny.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Errors: Fudgecies are actually spelled "Fudgesicles", when Dakota is talking capitalize the "L" in {laugh again}, when you write "stickfigures" write a space between them saying "stick figures", when Sam says "Sure. whatever you say." put a "," or ";" between Sure and whatever, "Dakota: Well I want thinking of Dakota, Brownies, Isac, or Donkey Kong" sentence replace 'want' with "was" and "Isac as two "s's" in it, and capitalize "Smile" when Sam says " I suits you" and get rid of the "s" after suits and make "I' an "It" instead. Now as a reader you did a good job that was really entertaining and funny with such a simple conversation it made me smile. Well done keep on writing improving your techniques and expanding your creativity.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay, a story that isn't depressing. So many poems, stories, books on this site are depressing and sad and ... annoying. Even though I write sad stuff. Wow, I just made fun of myself. Anyways. :) Great job, this is really good. Hilarious. Love the ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wouldn't it be cool if my teacher asked what we wanted to call ourselves? So many options... I laughed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


*grin . . . I take it you're not familiar with the story about the brownies and the shoemaker lol Cute.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this! But, do you really want to be called brownies?
Anyways, this is hilarious. Great job!(:


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 4, 2010
Last Updated on September 4, 2010

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..