Facebook's A Religion?

Facebook's A Religion?

A Screenplay by Ian Faraway

(Two friends sit around a table playing a chess game)


(Friend One checks his phone.)


Friend One: Hey, I got a notification!


Friend Two: You mean a text, or an update, or what?


Friend One: No… On Facebook


Friend Two: Oh god.


Friend One: What?


Friend Two: Facebook has become like a religion now. Worshipped, relied on, and corrupted


Friend One: How has Facebook become corrupted?


Friend Two: Because people rely on it, that and the Founder is thinking about having people pay for it.


Friend One: So because people go on Facebook and enjoy talking to their friends, it’s corrupted?


Friend Two: Oh please, they go on to do that AND play games AND do the farmvilling thing AND to read tarot cards AND to read their horoscopes… it’s becomes its own world of chaos.


Friend One: I think you’re reading too much into it, man.


Friend Two: Am I? Tell me, how often do you check your facebook?


(Friend One thinks it over)


Friend One: Ok, maybe more than I expected but it’s usually when I’m bored.


Friend Two: Exactly! People get bored they turn to Facebook, and they’re still bored but they think there’s something there to help them. They post those status thingamajigs and wait for a friend to comment, they message people they don’t know. It’s one vicious cycle.


Friend One: Ok say it is a WIDELY ACCEPTED website. There’s nothing wrong with going on when you’re bored.


Friend Two: Oh really? If you were to count up how much time you waste on Facebook when you’re bored, guaranteed you’ll have enough time to read the entire Harry Potter series. But that’s if you’re counting only one month.


Friend One: Ok, that’s an exaggeration, it actually took me a whole month to read all seven books… and that was with A LOT of free time!


Friend Two: Exactly!


Friend One: Ok, so it’s a popular bored driven website…how is it a religion?


Friend Two: Because people rely on it, if they didn’t have Facebook, they’d be force to actually do something productive for once.


Friend One: ……You’re logic is flawed


Friend Two: ……..You’re face is flawed


(A moment of silence)


Friend One: I’ll be honest… I don’t fully understand where that leaves us with this conversation.


Friend Two: It leaves me the victor and you the loser… check mate.

© 2010 Ian Faraway


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my gosh, Dakota! I love this!!!
My friends think I'm crazy for not having a Facebook account, but like, this is exactly why! When I go over to my friends' houses to hang out, they're ALWAYS online, checking out what everyone's doing and updating their statuses. And it's so annoying. I'm always thinking "Hey, why don't you turn the computer off and actually have a conversation with someone that's in the SAME room as you!"
(Okay, that was kinda random. Sorry to just throw that at you.)
SO, yeah. This is really good(:
Great job (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Errors: I'm not sure if farmville is spelled together or not facebook or not but, other then that your only error was ", they message people they don’t know. It’s one vicious cycle." with getting rid of the " ' " in "It's'" and other then that you were perfect really improving with your writings. Now as a reader of enjoyment that was really great. very entertaining as usually, humorous, and I definitely see the logic with friend Two so victor to him! Your talent of writings seem to vary in many categories from stage plays, poems, stories, and books. You truly great expectations in your writings with a future. Keep up the excellent writings because if I keep reading more of your great writing I might just make you July's featured writer and one of your writing too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You know I saw this in my group and I was like I just have to read this...and I was like wow that's interesting and you know what I could not be more right than I am wrong it was beyond interesting IT WAS AMAZING!! I am so glad I read it! Nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ha, oh wow. I know how much I rely on facebook and it's ridiculous. Yet I realize it's bad and stupid and pointles but I still go on it daily. I don't understand myself. But this was hilarious! Love your writing. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's true! I have a FaceBook, but only to keep up with my friends in a different country. I don't have it on my phone. That's obsessive. I like this, Dakota.

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol Thank GOODNESS I don't have one of those facebook compatible PHONES!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This just made my day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

O yea, i can completely relate to this, i'm addicted to Wc like facebook
but never been on facebook, is it like wc, i wonder, but anyhow, the point is
this is an awsome screen script, and give the reader insight.
thanbks for sharing your talent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh my gosh, Dakota! I love this!!!
My friends think I'm crazy for not having a Facebook account, but like, this is exactly why! When I go over to my friends' houses to hang out, they're ALWAYS online, checking out what everyone's doing and updating their statuses. And it's so annoying. I'm always thinking "Hey, why don't you turn the computer off and actually have a conversation with someone that's in the SAME room as you!"
(Okay, that was kinda random. Sorry to just throw that at you.)
SO, yeah. This is really good(:
Great job (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on September 14, 2010

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Casey Casey

A Poem by Forever Mine


Peace Peace

A Poem by Marie Harrison