Draconis (The Continental War)

Draconis (The Continental War)

A Story by Wabbajack
"

Fictional article describing a war that took place in Scitasy.

"

          The events that led up to the Eclipsian Secession were particularly crude. The Glimmergaunt family of the time was spreading propaganda throughout the Empire, and Balladonia had been granted a peaceful independence.

            In spite of the falsehood of the anti-novo (anti were-creature) propaganda, most novos were segregated into isolated communities. When the Novolupi (Werewolves) finally won their independence, the Novodraconae (Weredragons) finally had hope, but that hope would inevitably cost blood.

            In short, the Novodraconae initially tried to secede peacefully, as Balladonia had, but were met with much of the same resistance Eclipsia had seen. Having just lost a war, Lunaris was in no condition to fight the ‘Draconae so soon, and so the old stronghold of Cyruston fell in the midst of a siege. With the fall of Cyruston came the need for Lunaris to form an official military alliance with Balladonia, and in return the Novodraconae sought an alliance with Eclipsia.

            Even though the two sides were approximately equal in strength, Bandabar decided to lend their aid to the Novo Alliance, while Rootimia remained neutral. With the balance suddenly tipped, Lunaris and Balladonia eventually suffered a crushing defeat. The war had been raging for five long years before Bandabar joined, and when they did, the rules changed. Instead of outright fighting on the battlefield, the Novodraconae sent double agents into Lunaris while Bandabar held Balladonia’s attention, and Eclipsia made themselves a major problem for both. The double agents gradually tore apart the chain of command, turning soldiers against each other, until the Empress finally had no option left but to concede. The Novodraconae now had a place of their own, set up as a Patriarchal Monarchy, and they named it Draconis.

            This war is commonly called the Continental War, and is sometimes mistakenly called the Draconis Revolution. Although the war is closely linked to the revolution, historians consider them to be two different, ye related, events. In effect, the Novodraconae Revolution caused the Continental War.

© 2019 Wabbajack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on March 9, 2019
Last Updated on March 9, 2019
Tags: Fantasy, war, magic, werewolves, weredragons, Scitasy

Author

Wabbajack
Wabbajack

Boone, IA



About
I like to write. And other things... I'm not talking about them right now. ITS TIME TO SAVE THE REALM! RESCUE THE DAMSEL! SLAY THE BEAST! ...or die trying. ^^ You know you love the Sheo. Anyone an.. more..

Writing
Mundan Mundan

A Story by Wabbajack