Aftermath of the Continental War

Aftermath of the Continental War

A Story by Wabbajack
"

Fictional article describing the political backlash after a war in Scitasy

"

Shortly after the Novodraconae won their independence with the Continental War, the population in the western part of Lunaris finally became vocal about their concerns. Some of them, the Solenians, believed that the power should be in the hands of the citizens. Others, the Mundani, believed that the non-magical people were being oppressed by the magical.

Initially, the Solenians and the Mundani banded together in the common idea that they wished to be free from the Lunaris Empire. Had it not been for the fact that Lunaris had just lost two wars, the Empress would likely have pushed for war, though with most of her forces either exhausted or lost through secession, war was no longer an option. The empress had no other choice but to allow the west to peacefully secede, and so they called themselves the Republic of Western Lunaris.

Once Western Lunaris had its independence, other problems began to ease into the fore. The Mundani still believed they were being oppressed by mages, and a gradual segregation began to form. As the Mundani moved to the north of Western Lunaris, the Solenians found themselves being forced southward near the Nebuni Wastes. Several skirmishes erupted over who could own the northern half, and once a clear division between them had been established, the Mundani revolted.

In order to maintain peace, the government allowed the Mundani to seceed. The Republic of Western Lunaris had finally broken into two nations; the Solenian Republic and Mundan. Mundan established for themselves a democratic dictatorship.

Solenia decided to make Fayeston their capitol city, and Mundan's capitol has been Obsidian Spires ever since.

© 2019 Wabbajack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on March 9, 2019
Last Updated on March 9, 2019
Tags: Fantasy, politics, magic, Scitasy

Author

Wabbajack
Wabbajack

Boone, IA



About
I like to write. And other things... I'm not talking about them right now. ITS TIME TO SAVE THE REALM! RESCUE THE DAMSEL! SLAY THE BEAST! ...or die trying. ^^ You know you love the Sheo. Anyone an.. more..

Writing
Mundan Mundan

A Story by Wabbajack