4

4

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen

Hart

 

                He ran. He pushed his legs as hard as they would go, not letting them or his lungs give into the pain. The instant he saw the Reaper he grabbed Sariah and threw her over his shoulder, pocketing his shoulder in her pelvis so it wouldn’t be baring down on her stomach making her sick. She wrapped her arms around his chest as tight as she could, burying her face into his back. He had one arm around her legs letting his other swing hoping to add momentum. He didn’t dare turn back and look. He knew that the Reaper was hot on his heels. But as long as he kept moving forward there would still be hope. He thought he saw movement on Ralph’s roof but he couldn’t be sure because of the trees along the streets.

                Sariah’s nails dug into her father’s sides and he squeezed her leg as a conformation for her comfort which seemed to work because she loosened her grip just the slightest. He could hear the Reaper’s footsteps behind him now as they slapped the pavement growing louder and louder. He caught some movement out of the corner of his eye to his left as he passed a side street and turned to see Rodge barreling towards him.

                “DON’T STOP!” Rodge bellowed as he fell in behind him. Hart then heard the blast from Rodge’s sawed-off shotgun and Sariah screamed. They heard a cry of agony behind them as Rodge fell in next to Hart. As they grew closer to the house Hart’s eyes glanced up to the roof where he saw Rhett standing there with a scoped rifle.



© 2016 Walker Andreasen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like an action movie, so good that it keeps the reader totally interested and wanting more. A real pleasure. Thanks,for sharing. Eva

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on September 28, 2016
Last Updated on September 28, 2016


Author

Walker Andreasen
Walker Andreasen

Grafenwoehr, Bayern, Germany



About
If you're going to stop by, please at least leave a review before you go! My name is Walker Andreasen and writing is my passion. I write everything from stories to songs. The only thing I haven't wri.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen


2 2

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen


3 3

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen