Little Red Riding Hood

Little Red Riding Hood

A Chapter by Wandering Violet

 

Little Red Riding Hood is walking through a section of native forest, blithely scattering her Pretzels container and Fruit Bursts wrappers around her as she walks.  The wolf watches from behind a tree, cringing at her wonton disregard for the pristine environment.  Finally he can bear it no longer and steps out to speak to her. 

 

She replies that she never speaks to strangers, and quickly moves on.  He follows, trying to reason with her.  But she’s been well taught about stranger danger at school, and she starts screaming and running away. 

 

She goes to visit her grandmother and tells her of the encounter.  The Police are notified and a Wanted poster appears with the wolf’s face on it.  Helicopters and search parties roam the forest looking for the predator.  After many days they still can’t find the wolf and call in a tree felling company to cut down the forest. 

 

The wolf is caught and tried in Court for harassment.  He hires a top notch lawyer and argues that Red Riding Hood should be prosecuted instead for environmental pollution and the Police for forestry desecration. But the judge thinks otherwise and the wolf is sentenced to death. 

 

The day before his execution animal rights activists hold a massive protest outside the Court.   They wave banners and placards and hold up the traffic.  Red Riding Hood gets cross because she’s delayed by the disruption and is late for her Zumba class.  Eventually she manages to get her V8 through the protesters and roars off leaving yet another carbon footprint. 



© 2011 Wandering Violet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the satire. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you can take a story and compose something new with your thoughts, something so different..that, to me, is outstanding, which makes the way that you write essential..thanks for sharing..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it but I think it's to real. Ithought it took the fun out of the story and replaced it with reality. I think it's good, I'm just not into the story like the others. That's probably because I'm a 15 year and not an adult like it says. lol. :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

O.o wow I was slightly confused at the end...but I like it. It's really good :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 10, 2011
Tags: little red riding hood, wolf, forest, Police, Court, fairy tale


Author

Wandering Violet
Wandering Violet

New Zealand



About
I’m Wandering Violet, a young Kiwi writer. I hope you enjoy reading my ramblings :-) I’m a great believer in equality, and I hate discrimination in all forms. I'm lesbian and Chris.. more..

Writing