Cinderella

Cinderella

A Chapter by Wandering Violet

Once upon a time, there was a solo father who met this woman over the internet, and she had two daughters. During a one night stand at high school, he'd had a beautiful young daughter too.

 

The Stepmother and her daughters didn’t like Cinderella, they were feminists and despised her lowly aspirations.  They made her study long hours to gain her Doctorate. In the winter after the girl's studies were done for the day, she would retire to her room, and curl up with the DVS on economy mode in an effort to stay warm.  She studied diligently and dared not tell her father she would actually rather be a supermarket checkout operator, since his wife had the last say in everything.

 

One day, the Prince invites all the young men and woman in the land to a disco, planning to choose a wife or husband from amongst them, seeing the city has recently allowed same-sex marriages.   The two Stepsisters bought fancy outfits, and taunted Cinderella by telling her she was too geeky to be invited to the ball.

 

As the sisters depart to the ball, Cinderella goes on Facebook and chats to the Fairy Godmother, who agrees to transform Cinderella via Skype from bespectacled student to the disco chick she was by birth. She asks Cinderella what she’d like to go as, and Cinderella after a moment’s thought says Lady Gaga.  So the Fairy Godmother turns a pumpkin into an egg, mice into horses, a rat into a coachman, and lizards into footmen. She then turns Cinderella's rags into a meat dress, complete with steak slippers. The Godmother tells her to enjoy the dance, but warned that she had to return before midnight, when the spells would be broken.

 

At the ball, everyone is entranced by Cinderella who dances her a*s off, most especially the Prince. At this first disco, Cinderella remembers to leave before midnight. Back home, Cinderella texted her thanks to her Godmother. She then greets the stepsisters, who had not recognized her earlier and talked of nothing but the chick who had stolen the show at the disco.

 

Another dance is held the next evening, and Cinderella again attends with her Godmother's help. The Prince has become even more entranced, and Cinderella in turn becomes so enchanted by him she loses track of time and leaves only at the final stroke of midnight, losing part of her steak slipper on the steps in her haste. The Prince chases her, but can’t catch up. The Prince gingerly picks up the steak and vows to find and marry the girl to whom it belonged. Meanwhile, Cinderella keeps the meat remains in the fridge at home, hoping the sisters won’t feed it to the cat.

 

The Prince goes all around the country, trying to find the wearer of the meat shoe.  He has many narrow escapes, like when he tries to get a family of vegans to try it on, and on other occasions he was chased by hungry dogs. 

 

When the Prince arrives at Cinderella's apartment, the stepsisters try in vain to convince him they are little monsters too. Cinderella comes forward, while the stepsisters taunt her. She produces a crumpled piece of steak from her pocket.  The stepsisters withdraw to their rooms and watch YouTube for consolation. 

 

Cinderella moves in with the Prince and they have two children.  After a couple of years though, things are not going well with her family and she breaks off contact with them.  This infuriates the Stepmother and she files in the Family Court for contact with grandkids.  They have a big row and the Prince assaults Cinderella’s father, gets arrested and thrown in jail. Cinderella is now pregnant with their third child and has to get a job working at a supermarket to support the family. 

 

Happily working at the checkout, her dreams have all come true. 

 



© 2011 Wandering Violet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Until that last paragraph, I was laughing my a*s off. Then the last line got me going again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Um...........this is really interesting. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2011
Last Updated on November 10, 2011
Tags: Cinderella, fairy tale, magic, Lady Gaga


Author

Wandering Violet
Wandering Violet

New Zealand



About
I’m Wandering Violet, a young Kiwi writer. I hope you enjoy reading my ramblings :-) I’m a great believer in equality, and I hate discrimination in all forms. I'm lesbian and Chris.. more..

Writing