Claim to Boldness

Claim to Boldness

A Story by WanderingJane
"

More of a letter to those who doubt me

"

To all those who doubt me:


For starters, f**k off. I have been wanting a lot of things for a long time; tattoos, purple/red hair, to live alone. If I shared this information with you before my actions, it was because I trusted you and honestly wanted your advice on the topic, but clearly I was mistaken. I have thus decided you will get no more warnings, you have received all I will give.

I understand I have been shy most of  my life, but my bold era is coming with or without you. You can support me or abandon me. At this point the choice is all yours. I would love to have you tag along; keep me company, comfort each other through the rough times, and to still share advice. However, I understand I’m changing now and you may choose to move on, don’t worry I will let you.

My life has been rough the last few years and I have learned it is critically to rely on myself. It is also critical to BE myself and let my true colors rise. I have been muffling them for years, just know that I am done with that.

I was born to be bold and to change the tides, I know this now. I am currently in the process of learning how that works. I know that this task may come as a solo trip, but I’m willing to take that risk.

This stands as my last warning to all. I will make mistakes along the way and I pray that you will be there to help me through, I will do likewise for you. But if you leave me because I have changed in this way, I get it however, I will not fight you..

Today is my official claim to boldness, I am on my way. I will be bold, colored hair, tatted up, and all, but my kind heart will remain.

To all who doubt me, thank you, it is your doubts that pushed me off the edge into the world I was meant to live. I hope to carry on my journey with you at my side; if not, fair well, I hope we do meet again.

© 2017 WanderingJane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on February 27, 2017
Last Updated on February 27, 2017