DARK CHILDHOOD

DARK CHILDHOOD

A Poem by Wannabewriter16
"

MY CHILDHOOD

"
                       DARK CHILDHOOD
Death was surrounding me everywhere I went, loved one’s dying and leaving me alone. 

Any time I tried to escape from the painful words of my dad I slipped into a dark hole. 

Right around the age of 11 I had thoughts of suicide, I wanted to do it so badly, no one understood me and how badly I hated life.

Knowing that I would be giving into the same weakness that my best friend had been what kept me alive.

Crazy thoughts of how worthless I was flashed through my head.

Hatred for the people that left my side when they promised not to filled my body.

I wanted to find a way to release the hatred out, but I had no idea how until I saw  a blade.

Like the stupid  child I was I started cutting to take the pain and hatred out.

Didn’t realize just how bad it was to do what I was doing because it was helping me.

However hard I tried to stop I couldn’t.

Once I started I couldn’t stop.

Over and over I cut my skin,never happy with anything in life.

Day in and day out I was always so sad that I’d start cutting then I’d cry myself to sleep.

© 2015 Wannabewriter16


Author's Note

Wannabewriter16
MY CHILDHOOD

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bonnie I know how you felt back then. But when we meet each other we both helped each other through everything. I know we don't really talk anymore. But just know I'm always going to be here for you no matter what. Your always going to be my best friend/my sister. I love you sis.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wannabewriter16

5 Years Ago

Thank you that means the world to me. I miss you and cant wait to see you for your birthday.



Reviews

Bonnie I know how you felt back then. But when we meet each other we both helped each other through everything. I know we don't really talk anymore. But just know I'm always going to be here for you no matter what. Your always going to be my best friend/my sister. I love you sis.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wannabewriter16

5 Years Ago

Thank you that means the world to me. I miss you and cant wait to see you for your birthday.
It is very heartfelt, I feel like I can relate to this on a personal level. Like a lot of people could. If you ever need a talk, I am here.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wannabewriter16

6 Years Ago

This is old and I am now away from this person but thank you.
very touching,i can relate to this poem myself.put tears in my eyes.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Dark like emotion of abuse person. Feelings what hurt and can put you down. Self destruction solution. Story of pain what shake me down. Realistic words about realistic emotions. I hope you are fine. You did great job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wannabewriter16

8 Years Ago

Good moring to you Marketa Lazarova.Thank you for the review that you left me. I would be lying if I.. read more
...

8 Years Ago

Sure you can friend me if you want. I can say I had also experience with abuse at my case is was jus.. read more
You did great on getting the emotion out. You told your story, and what happened, and how you felt. What was the purpose for writing this, though? Was it to describe your life, or just to let emotion out?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wannabewriter16

8 Years Ago

I wrote it for both reasons. Writing gets me calm down.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2015
Last Updated on October 12, 2015
Tags: CHILDHOOD

Author

Wannabewriter16
Wannabewriter16

OK



About
Hello my name is Bonnie and I'm 18 years old and I love to write. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..