Insignificance & Interaction

Insignificance & Interaction

A Story by WatchMeRise
"

Why your words can matter. no matter how insignificant they may seem.

"
With the sun in his eyes, the man stepped towards the railing on the bridge. He peered over the edge daringly. He contemplated the drop, how it would feel, both going down and as he broke the surface. He thought about the pain as he swept his legs over the railing. Standing on the edge, the wind whipping his hair into his eyes, he spoke. "Please don't be so hurt." The water swallowed him as he plummeted. It almost seemed to reach up to grab him and pull him into the abyss. As he sunk deeper into the ocean, the day stayed the same.The sun set, the moon rose. Nothing had changed. The man's death was insignificant to the world, but it meant everything to the ones who surrounded him throughout his life. Insignificance can be felt through both life and death, but in life, it hurts the most. His loved ones will weep, not knowing his last words. Showing you care can be the difference between life and death, and the matter of affection can play a major role in one's choosing of which team to join. A life among the world you know, or a solemn journey into the unknown. It isn't quite a decision to make on your own, it's a decision influenced every day by the interactions and feelings experienced in part of the ones you meet and the ones you love. Human interaction can push you all the way to the edge or pull you back over the railing. Just thinking about that before you make those interactions can make or break a life, and not knowing the repercussions of your words and actions can be one of the biggest mistakes that you can make. Words and actions can create relationships, and change lives,  but if the words are misconstrued, they can destroy them all the same. It's the power of interaction and one's need to feel loved and have a sense of belonging that can draw lives together, or can draw them to a close. That feeling of belonging is so sought after, that men and women alike will spend years searching for that feeling. The sense of belonging can come with a sense of home as well. Sometimes those "homes", However, will turn into nightmares and drive the ones inside into the farthest reaches of their knowing to find some kind of peace. When you've found where you belong, you've found your home. It may not be where you began, and it may not be your end. Your alpha and your omega may not always be the same, it's the time in the middle that makes it all worth it, and the ones who guide you to your home are the ones you should truly love, and truly believe that they are the ones you need in your life. It's those relationships that people crave on instinct, and what makes life worth it is finding those relationships and connections and pursuing them until you reach a satisfying mental and physical end.

© 2014 WatchMeRise


Author's Note

WatchMeRise
I tried to write this as a way to express how important it is to think about your words before you speak them, so you do not say the wrong thing that may deeply affect someone else's life in a negative way. I'm not confident that I managed to get that across as well as wished to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 2, 2014
Last Updated on August 3, 2014
Tags: interaction, human connection, love, death, suicide, insignificance, 3rd person, home, life, belonging

Author

WatchMeRise
WatchMeRise

Writing
Set Sail Set Sail

A Poem by WatchMeRise


Sick Sick

A Poem by WatchMeRise


I I

A Poem by WatchMeRise