The Scientist (Part One)

The Scientist (Part One)

A Story by WatcherInSilence

There is a moment, a daunting memory, or even an uncertain decision that frightens us.


It reveals the anxiety we carry, and awaken our demons from their slumber.


There is a moment, a marauding thought that keeps us awake at night, unable to catch sleep, and ultimately leaves us wondering what might have been.


There is a moment, a choice we face, a path that leads to an open road, or falls one step short of utopia.


There is a moment. Do you feel it?


He had been all too familiar with these moments, as they had often popped up during his topsy-turvy life. He went by the name of ‘scientist’ - even if, in truth, he was merely a researcher �" mainly for his passion towards all living things and life as a whole.


He would spend his days looking through a microscope, observing life unfold before his eyes. Later, he would stay up late at night observing the stars, gracing the skies in search of some strange phenomena, a ‘mythical appearance’ as he would call it. And although he had never come close to seeing such a thing, there was a certainty within him that told tell him it would be beautiful.


He would search for comets, constellations and shooting stars, only to find nothing but utter disappointment every time.


But he never gave up. For there was a fire inside him, and it burned brightly through the darkest nights. A fire lit by a thirst only knowledge and truth could quench.


So he set up looking for this truth, searching every corner, climbing every height until it would finally reveal itself to him; for he believed the truth was so immense, the world could not contain it let alone handle it.

His quest for truth would intervene with his work, and soon enough, he would start looking for a piece of truth in everything he laid his eyes upon. Such was the immensity of his belief, and the strength that inhabited his soul.

Always a man of science, he nevertheless abode by the laws of faith. He never looked too far, never questioned too deeply and never asked too much.


But he was also a man of vision. And his vision resembled an endless dream, one which would lead him to a world of happiness. And in that dream he saw a light coming from the sky, but he could not recognize its source.

His dream, the one true piece of truth he possessed, fueled his desire to search for his light amidst the darkness. Every night he would go out, look towards the sky and observe the harmony of the dark. The alignment of the stars seemed so peaceful that a part of him wished it wouldn't be disrupted. 


But the truth that inhabited him, that feeling of bliss and serenity, was too pure to neglect.


And on a quiet night, as he sat alone in his room, he heard a crash followed by a thundering roar.


He raced outside, but was stopped in his tracks by a blinding light…


A vision? A dream? Or the unveiling of a long lost truth?

© 2013 WatcherInSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, Watcher, as usual, you are the master of insight. This reminds me of the book I'm currently reading called The Angel, by Guy Thorne. It's about someone who only believed in the scientific, never believing in the works of miracles, until it fell upon him. How great it is to read you!

Posted 10 Years Ago


WatcherInSilence

10 Years Ago

And as always, you are a pleasant an intricate observer my dear friend...it sounds like my type of b.. read more
Solilokiss

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome. It's worth the read. I'm halfway through but I like the writer's style, topics .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013