Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by WayaPrincess23

      It was a hot summer day in New Orleans, Louisiana down at the farmers market. My friends and I were hanging out at the local ice cream shop, trying to enjoy what we had left of summer break before getting jobs. When suddenly my phone rang, jolting all of us from our ice cream. I picked it up and looked at the number, a gasp escaping from my lips. My boyfriend, Rodger looked at me and gently touched my arm.

      "Lizzy? Are you ok? What's wrong?" He said in a gentle voice, slowly moving his hand to my shoulder. I looked over at him, confusion showing on my face.

      "I don't know this number but it says it's from this area. Should I answer it?" Rodger looked at the number on my phone.

      "I think you should. Maybe it's your dad calling from a friend's number." I slowly pushed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

      "Hello?" I said in a soft voice. Then a gruff voice belonging to a man came over the other side.

      "Hello? Is this Ms. Elizabeth Rosary?" I nodded my head, forgetting the man couldn't see me.

      "Yes, I'm Elizabeth Rosary. Who is this?" I regretted asking that as soon as he answered.

      "My name is Detective Beaux. I'm with the New Orleans police department and I sadly have to inform you of your mother and father's deaths this afternoon," I put my hand up to my mouth, biting my tongue to keep the lump in my throat from choking me. "They were attacked this afternoon while getting out of their car. Your little brother Michael also didn't make it. My deepest apologies Ms. Rosary."

      I let a breath escape and the next thing I knew I was sobbing, tears falling down my face. I covered my face with my hand trying to hide from the public. Rodger grabbed the phone from me and started to talk to Detective Beaux. I didn't hear anything he was saying over my sobbing. I felt hands slowly rub my hair and Rebecca's voice in my ear.

      "Just breath Lizzy. Breath." I couldn't believe it. My parents and my little brother were gone. Taken away from me before their time, before they could see me get married and have kids. Every dream I ever had as a kid suddenly disappeared from my memory.

      "Lizzy," Roger said next to my ear. "They need to see you at the police station." Rebecca, Rodger, Tori and Sasha all helped me out of my chair and led me to the car. Leaving our ice cream to melt in the hot southern sun. 



© 2019 WayaPrincess23


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on March 4, 2019
Last Updated on March 4, 2019


Author

WayaPrincess23
WayaPrincess23

Birdsboro, PA



About
I love writing and i'm currently in college for Game design. Waya means wolf. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WayaPrincess23