Magic~

Magic~

A Poem by мalғy
"

What the magic unfold

"
Abracadabra.
Watch him swirl his wand.
Pop, out comes a beautiful and divine dove.
You watch with most infatuation.

When you two get home, he says his love is true.
His heart is yours and here is the key.
You take his words to heart.
You are surviving on his presence.

Walla Cazam!
The crowd goes in "Ahh" over his magic.
She continues to watch all of his shows.
She depends on the fact that he will come home to her.

One night her appears, with wicked in his eyes.
He  appears to be mad.
You start to question what his motives are.

Before you realize he is gone.
He left a note, it said one word.
'Abracadabra!'
You were a victim to magic.

The magic of love.

© 2014 мalғy


Author's Note

 мalғy
Yeah...I had a point of this but just couldn't .
At least I tried write?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the concept of some mysterious, clever, and finesse magician casting a spell over everyone he meets; quite the charlatan if you ask me. I found that I enjoyed the earlier parts more than the later bits; which is problematic, since you generally want to finish strong. I tried tweaking the structure a bit (I explain below) and I think with a few alterations, the poem can end strong.
I think you also need to adjust some word choices, either because they are awkward and unnatural, or they are 'ugly' sounding and bland. Remember, this is poetry, not prose. Read it aloud, and savour every word as it flows off the tongue. words like 'got' are harsh, and are unfit for poetry.
Below are my suggestions, take them as you will; but I do recommend at least trying them out and seeing how they sound in comparison.

Try putting 'Pop' on its own in a line; I find that it creates an interesting shift in tempo, at least worth experimenting with.
Avoid using stale adjectives such as beautiful; the word would have a lot of meaning if it wasn't for how overused it is, and how vague its meaning is. I avoid using it in prose; and especially in poetry. perhaps try "pristine, divine dove"
"with most infatuation" flows very awkwardly, and doesn't carry a very direct meaning. Perhaps try something like "You gaze through blinding infatuation."
"When you two get home", the syntax here can be improved, and I am of the opinion that 'got' is an ugly awkward word which should be avoided in poetry. maybe "As we arrive home, he professes a love true."
Since you state "You take..." there is no need to start the last line of that stanza with "You are". Cut it out completely, if you want the line to be the same length as before, try adding an adjective to presence, such as "lingering presence"
"crowd goes in", goes feels very awkward. maybe try tweaking the syntax, "His magic has the crowd screaming 'Ahh'" (you can use a different word than screaming)
instead of "all his shows" try "his every show"
the last line of your third stanza is awkwardly worded, and much too wordy; you can accomplish the same meaning with half the words, and have it hit harder, and with more emotion. As it is, it just feels detached. Try "Hoping, needing, for him to come home." (or something to this effect, you don't need 'she' since you state it in the prior line.)
I advise to combine the two first lines of your next stanza, "One night he appears, with madness in his eyes"
then for the third line, "Before you can question his purpose (line break) his motives."
The for the start of the next stanza, keep it succinct and cutting, "He is gone"
"Leaving only a single word"

Alright, with that aside, let me point out another issue; punctuation. Poetry is not prose, so it uses punctuation differently. While ending each line with a period would be proper English if you were writing an essay, this is a poem. The Periods become jarring, and throw off readers. If nothing else, think of periods as 'full-stops', you shouldn't want every line of a 'flowing' poem to be stopping. Punctuation with poetry is all about how it effects flow, and the potential to alter meaning. Use it sparingly, especially periods. Commas and semicolons can be used to help clarify meaning and separate lines, but even these should be used sparingly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


 мalғy

9 Years Ago

I truly appreciate your criticism, I knew that some of my words choices didn't fit, it was like I co.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
1 Review
Added on July 21, 2014
Last Updated on July 21, 2014
Tags: magic, love, misconception, sad

Author

 мalғy
мalғy

Mt.Juliet, TN



About
Hello, I am Taila aka Malfy aka His {Lets make some updates? Lets do it.} -I am 23, Libra October 2nd -I have a little girl; Leo July 23rd -I am still so white it hurts :p -I have a dog, Bella; .. more..

Writing
Waves Waves

A Poem by мalғy