Dear America

Dear America

A Poem by Ghost writer

Dear America

Dear America, what a monster you are, politics and greed,
The only way to get into office is to slit a few throats on the way,
Still we keep choosing going eenie meenie miney moe, or pick the lesser of two evils, you know? To show up with a suit and a tie and tell us how to live our lives, but that’s alright cause we have the right to vote, so we vote, and what do we do? We vote to kill babies in the womb, pro choice, no, pro death, it’s the same, what a shame.
Why do people who work hard struggle to pay? Because you hand their money out, you give it away, give it to people who never lifted a finger in their day, and the real people who need help, you throw them away like garbage and give things to people who will leave nothing but decay in their wake, what a waste, you’re so filled with hate.
You say you want to keep people safe, but try to take their defences away, how can people be saved, if you make laws that take laws away? The dirt and grime and garbage swept under the rugg starts to stink, starts to reek, and all of the secrets you keep will soak through, you can only have so much debt and not pay, before the bank takes everything away.
Oh what a twisted or beautiful history, either way the schools don't teach it accurately, they teach, bow down to your enemies, like what we tell you, and don't search for truth cause that's insane, believe what we say or don't question it anyway.
Still we're patriotic, because everywhere else is worse, again with the lesser of evils, we love what's less bad, hate what's worse, so praises be to the red white and blue, praises be to the land of the free, and praises be, it's not as bad as it could be.

© 2021 Ghost writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of the saying, "Boys will be boys," when one of them does something horrible. This is really powerful writing. You should be proud of such a strong piece.

100

Posted 3 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ghost writer

3 Years Ago

Thanks I appreciate it
light and ashes

3 Years Ago

No problem :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 28, 2021
Last Updated on February 28, 2021

Author

Ghost writer
Ghost writer

somewhere, ID



About
I'm a ghost, part of me is, part of me is a shadow but we don't talk about that part. We lock that part in the closet and don't let it reach us. I am also a writer. P.S. formerly known as WeakFreak more..

Writing