Content and To the Stars Collection

Content and To the Stars Collection

A Chapter by Storyteller of Dimensions
"

Content of the collection

"

Content

To the stars collection

Step forward

Amid the stars

Something so simple

Legendary Mas’ahar

Bad news

Another list

Till the moment of reckoning

Japanese garden?

What are days for?

Going home

Song of time



To the stars collection

To the stars collection contain poems that are related to space or mainly to my fictional universe Struggle for Balance.


About Struggle for Balance

Struggle for Balance is the name of my story which I have been developing since 2007. It is set in the future when humans have colonized space and met four other species. The main story begins when a huge ship appears at a Phoenix space station. Soon after the space station is attacked and destroyed by the United Earth Defense Forces fleet, leaving the main characters stranded on this big ship they name Hera. Full with secrets and mysteries the experienced crew must first escape it’s pursuers before they can start investigating into the government’s secrets and fighting for a better tomorrow. Situation worsens as other powers get involved and that is just the beginning of problems for a universe that has been enjoying peace for centuries. Will this lead to never ending war or will this become the beginning of a new order in the known universe?


About poems

Step forward

Every journey has beginning. What awaits us when we open the doors of new adventure?


Amid the stars

Foreshadowing of what is to come for the main hero and not just him.


Something so simple

We have to fulfill our roles, but sometime something simple like that might become very difficult as new circumstances arise. We might be friends one day and enemies the next. Yet we still need to fulfill our roles so that we can continue moving forward.


Legendary Mas’ahar

Originally a list poem, from randomly chosen words, this poem speaks of the legendary Mas’ahar Adwin Trave. Mas’ahar is a special position in Grimnaar Empire. There is no satisfactory translation as the word has no equivalent in English. Most commonly referred to as arbiter, judge, guardian, etc. Mas’ahar is selected by the passing emperor to select a new one. The one who inherits the title of Mas’ahar has to have the best Grimnaar virtues, be impartial and be able to choose the most suitable emperor.


Bad news

There are many bad news. One of the worse is the announcement that war has broken out. But in the end news is a message and its important how we act upon them. But what if all the possible actions lead to the same undesirable result?


Another list

One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.” - Joseph Stalin

High Guard’s commander-in-chief has a special relationship with his subordinates. Receiving list of casualties every evening is the worst part of his day during the Oram war.


Till the moment of reckoning

Losing your family is a hard thing, but if you have to lose your family for the second time before your very eyes, something might snap in your head and send you into the fires revenge.


Japanese garden

Originally written about the Japanese garden at RIT, this poem also nicely fits into the Oram war, when a soldier finds a moment of peace in a Japanese garden while battle continues outside of the protective walls.


What are days for?

This poem came to be from an exercise where multiple of people wrote a line in the poem. Eventually this poem fits nicely into the setting of Oram war which lasted over twelve years.


Going home

Every journey also has an ending and eventually there will become a time to come back home.


Song of time

Loosely based on song Madokara Mieru by Christopher Tim. This poem speaks about the poem of the main characters.


© 2012 Storyteller of Dimensions


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012
Tags: content, struggle for balance, stars, universe, religion, atheism, love, time, travel, writing, writer


Author

Storyteller of Dimensions
Storyteller of Dimensions

About
As you read my writing you probably notice soon that I'm not a native English speaker (I'm Czech), but I'm doing my best and I appreciate you feedback on the story side of my works while I'll work on .. more..

Writing