The Alex Diaries

The Alex Diaries

A Screenplay by Weird Chef
"

What's left of the group must go about trying to survive. But with Sasha gone will their grip on humanity itself fade away into oblivion?

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of The Alex Diaries.



FADE IN

 

Narrator: Everything was different now. Sasha was gone, our stronghold was under attack and we were on the defense. How did so many zombies find us? Was it my fault? All the shooting I’d done? It’s possible. Or it’s possible it was just a matter of time and our time had come. I could only hope we’d survive.

 

FOREST BASE - DAY

 

The zombies begin to pile up, grabbing for the base. Soon one part of the base collapses, causing several survivors to fall into the mass of zombies. Their screams are drowned out by the moans of the zombies. Another part begins to collapse, allowing some zombies to crawl up onto the base. Two run towards the med lab for safety. But the zombie from the med lab, complete with chains on the wrists emerges. It grabs one and sinks its teeth into him. In shock the other falls over the edge into the zombies.

 

Mike: Retreat! You all know what to do!

 

Mike and Travis climb down and begin to shoot their way through. Mike stops at the main trunk and lights a fuse.

 

Mike: Run!

 

Alex goes for the note that got lost among the ensuing chaos. He almost has it but Niki and Dan grab him, beginning to drag him back. In one arm is the diary and in the other his gun.

 

Alex: no! I need that!

 

Dan: We have to go Alex!

 

The group gets to the escape ladders and are stopped when they see zombies surrounding it.

 

Mike: S**t, s**t, s**t!

 

Austin: Move, I got this!

 

Austin steps forward with the RPG they had taken from the Bandits years ago. He aims and fires as the group drops down. A loud explosion sends zombies flying.

 

Mike: Go! We need cover fire!

 

Several people begin to climb down the ladder as the ones on top fire down at approaching zombies. Behind them the base continues to crumble. The rest begin to climb as some give them cover while the rest take off running.

 

Mike: We need to move!

 

Fireballs engulf the base as explosions tear through it. Screams can be heard from it as some didn’t make it out. The group takes off running, firing their weapons as zombies give chase.

 

Travis: Austin, give us some room between them.

 

Austin grabs a stick of dynamite and cuts part of the fuse. He lights it and throws it at the feet of the chasing zombies. A loud explosion sends them flying, as well as making a bit of a hole to slow them down.

 

Bonnie: We’re almost there!

 

In her arms is a crying Jade and a barking Duke follows behind her. In front of them is a large building. Mike opens the door as the rest give cover.

 

Mike: What the f**k!?

 

In front of them are all their vehicles. All of their tires slashed, windows broken. On the ground is a puddle of what appears to be gasoline. On all of the hoods is a ‘Z’ in a circle painted in what appears to be blood.

 

Travis: Where’s the guard?

 

A moan is heard as the guard, gun still on his back, approaches.

 

Sarah: You’ve got to be kidding me!?

 

Sarah fires, killing him as Tony grabs the guard’s gun and ammo. After everything is stashed everyone looks to Mike.

 

Mike: Ok, we need to move, now. This place is too over run.

 

Katie: We goin south or north?

 

Mike: South, definitely.

 

Austin: Well then let’s go before we’re surrounded.

 

Travis: He makes sense

 

Mike: Alright, everyone move out.

 

The group made their way out the door. As the group moved Travis, Tony and a few others take aim at the approaching zombies. Several rounds go off as zombies drop or stagger.

 

Travis: Ok, we need to go.

 

The small group stands up and begins to run with the group. They catch up and run through the forest as the moaning grows fainter and fainter.

 

Niki: Can we stop running now?

 

Tony: If we stop they can eventually catch up to us.

 

Mike: We don’t stop till we hit the road.

 

Bonnie: Alright….

 

They continue to run before eventually making it to the road. The group stops and begins to pant.

 

Travis: Ok, at least we’re on the road now.

 

Emily: I don’t want to run anymore.

 

Mike: Well hopefully we’ll just have to walk.

 

Niki: That’s not as bad.

 

She sets Kaylee down and takes her hand and the two begin to walk with the rest of the group.

 

Travis: So do we even have a destination in mind or are we just on the move?

 

Mike: On the move.

 

As Alex walks he clutches the diary to his chest. He looks around, walking towards the back of the group.

 

Alex: Can I get a gun? I mean I might need to defend myself.

 

Emily: I don’t know Alex….

 

Mike: Yeah, are you gonna try and off yourself again?

 

Alex: No. I’m beginning to realize Sasha wouldn’t want that.

 

Tony hands Alex a pistol as the group continued to walk. Bonnie handed Jade to Travis after Travis slips his rifle onto his back. Jade snuggled into Travis, as she tried to go to sleep.

 

Travis: There ya go sweety.

 

Austin: Never pegged the big bad marksman as a father type.

 

Travis: Well when ya have a kid things change. But I’m still the big bad marksman. You’ll understand soon enough.

 

He said with a wink to Emily.

 

Austin: That’s not even funny. Not that I don’t want to…but I mean….crap.

 

Katie: Someone’s in trouble….

 

Emily: I’ll say(LAUGH)

 

Austin: Baby….

 

Emily: Don’t you baby me.

 

Austin: Honey?

 

Mike: Gotta give him credit for trying

 

Tony: Yeah, but sometimes it’s best to just surrender.

 

Narrator: We walked for what felt like days. Every day brought nothing new, except the occasional zombie. Many were tired and it looked like sickness was starting to hit. Then I got the idea. Namely that we need a ride.

 

FADE OUT

 

FADE IN

 

HIGHWAY - DAY

 

The group walked along, everyone looking tired. Many kept their weapons fully loaded and close to their chests at all times. Except for Niki who would occasionally carry Kaylee and Bonnie and Travis who traded carrying Jade. Two zombies stepped out of the forest only to be quickly shot by Alex.

 

Alex: Damn things.

 

Sarah: Whoa Alex, little tense are we?

 

Alex: Shut up. Those things, and Alec, cost me my wife and child.

 

Niki: He does have a point.

 

Mike: Yeah but still. I mean you’re a little tense.

 

Alex: I’m going to kill any zombie that comes across my path. You just keep working on that sure Sarah.

 

Austin: Yeah, she can just use her mobile lab.

 

Alex: Shut up Austin.

 

Mike: Don’t make us restrain you again Alex.

 

Alex just shook his head as they walked. A zombie could be seen walking through the forest. Alex quickly aimed and fired, killing it.

 

Tony: Man you’re enjoying that too much.

 

Travis: Well we all need something to help us relax.

 

As the group walked along a roaring engine could be heard getting closer.

 

Mike: Everyone get down!

 

The group began to disperse, heading to the ditches in order to hide. But in the middle of the road Alex just stood there.

 

Mike: Alex, get down!

 

Alex: No more running.

 

Alex drew his pistol and aimed it at the car. As it drew closer he fired a warning shot into the side view mirror. If anything the vehicle sped up. And behind it was two more trucks. Alex fired into the windshield, hitting the driver in the head. The car skidded to a stop and people began to get out of the vehicles, guns drawn.

 

Alex: I’d stop if I were you and put the guns down.

 

Passenger: Why should we?

 

Mike: Because you’re out numbered and out gunned.

 

Everyone on either side of the ditches stood up, guns drawn. One man took aim at Alex but a small burst from Tony dropped him. The rest dropped their weapons and put their hands in the air. The group stepped onto the road and began to gather the weapons dropped by the convoy.

 

Mike: Now the way I see it you’ve got two options. Join up with us and roll under my leadership. Or walk. But there’s more than 20 zombies back that way, might not work too well.

 

Passenger: We’ll walk.

 

Germaine: Screw that. I know when to join up with a better crew.

 

Austin: Hey, one of them’s intelligent. I owe ya 20 bucks(Laugh)

 

Mike: Get out of the way. And since I’m not completely heartless, I’ll let you take some of your supplies.

 

Passenger: Oh, thank you so much. Damn bandits

 

He whispers the last part as some people gather supplies while Germaine and 4 others stand by the vehicles.

 

Passenger: Traitors.

 

Germaine: Yeah whatever. Just keep walking.

 

As the group walks off the survivors begin to load up the vehicles.

 

Mike: Ok, get these vehicles turned around. I want the sickest in one vehicle and the children in another.

 

Niki: You got it boss.

 

The groups climbed into the vehicles and turned them around. Mike kicked the windshield out since it was shattered and stained with blood now. Mike, Katie, Travis, Bonnie and Jade all climbed into the car and began to drive south.

 

Travis: So who all expected that from Alex?

 

Mike: I never saw it coming. But I’m glad he did, it worked.

 

Katie: It was kinda scary.

 

Mike: It’s scary times.

 

In the first truck Alex sits in the back, flipping through the diary in his lap.

 

Germaine: Hey man. Name’s Germaine, pleasure to meet ya.

 

Germaine holds his hand out for Alex to shake but Alex keeps flipping through the pages.

 

Alex: Alex

 

Germaine: So what’s that?

 

Austin: Don’t bother with him. He’s not in the usual frame of mind. Love of his life just died a couple days ago.

 

Germaine: Damn, sorry to hear that man.

 

Emily: He’s been a little off since then.

 

Germaine: Can’t fault him for that. So what’s your name cutie?

 

Austin: Her name’s Emily.

 

Germaine: Sorry, sorry. Didn’t know you two were….yeah.

 

Austin: Eh it’s cool. I’d just have to empty a clip into your crotch. And that’d be awkward for both of us.(LAUGH)

 

Tony: And that’s Austin’s trademark weird humor.

 

Germaine: Sure hope it is. Name’s Germaine by the way.

 

Tony: Nice to meet ya. Name’s Tony. So where were you guys coming from?

 

Germaine: Arden Arcade. There’s a group there and they’re all trying to build a utopia. So we had no choice but to leave because it simply wasn’t realistic.

 

Austin: Interesting….

 

Niki: Definitely

 

Germaine: What?

 

Austin: Oh, nothing. Notice any other encampments on your way?

 

Germaine: Well there’s a military base about 20 miles down this way. But they’re pretty heavily armed.

 

Sarah: Why didn’t you stop in there?

 

Germaine: They don’t like outsiders. So if you want in you have to fight your way in. And that’s far easier said than done. There seemed to be equal amounts of dead human and zombie bodies scattered around.

 

Niki: Well they’ve never encountered a group like ours.

 

Germaine: Can’t argue that.

 

Narrator: We were beginning to slowly shift from simple survivors to bandits. But times had changed and we were left with no choice. We had to survive by any means necessary. Things would be getting far more difficult from here on out. I just wonder if anyone knew just how difficult that would exactly be.

 

FADE OUT

 

FADE IN

 

ABANDONED REST STOP - EVENING


The group stands around, refueling their vehicles with gas cans as well as drinking water. Austin runs up to Mike with a smile on his face.

 

Austin: Germaine helped us get a destination.

 

Mike: Who’s Germaine?

 

Austin: One of the guys who stayed with us.

 

Mike: Anyways. Where was this phantom destination?

 

Austin: About 20 or so miles down the way there’s an Army Base. They’ve got one hell of an arsenal. So getting in might be tricky. But it’d have high fences all around it making for a good haven.

 

Mike: So we might have to take it by force?

 

Austin: We can do it, you and I both know that.

 

Mike: No arguments there. And the other place?

 

Sarah comes walking up with a smirk.

 

Sarah: Arden Arcade. It’s a suburb of Sacramento. And according to Germaine they have a leader set on making a utopia. Taking it wouldn’t be all that hard.

 

Mike: Especially if we were outfitted with weapons from the army base. Good job. Well it looks like we know where we’re headed.

 

Mike walks over to Travis, feeding Jade and talking to Bonnie.

 

Travis: We’ll make a new life for us somewhere else. We’ll have a nice little family.

 

Bonnie: Why not big?

 

Mike: Because we might not have supplies for it.

 

Travis: Thank you Mike.

 

Bonnie: Jerks.

 

Mike: Anyways, we have two destinations in mind. Both might have to be taken by force.

 

Travis: Ok. Any idea how many we’re going up against?

 

Mike: Nope, and in one instance they’re heavily armed.

 

Travis: Well I do enjoy a challenge.

 

Bonnie: Don’t get yourself killed.

 

Mike: Bonnie, you’ll be needed on this as well. Katie and one of the new women will stay with the kids, I promise.

 

Bonnie: Alright…

 

Travis: You’ll be fine baby. I know it

 

Bonnie: if you say so.

 

Bonnie and Travis kiss as Mike walks away. He stand son the hood of the car, looking around.

 

Mike: I want everyone’s attention. We’ve got a destination but it may require us to use some force. They’re heavily armed. So Travis and I will snipe as best we can. Austin will hurl in some light explosives for chaos and then we charge in, taking as many prisoners as possible and seizing the base for our own. Are you all with me?

 

They cheer as Alex watches in the back, quietly shaking his head.

 

Alex: I’m sorry Sasha, but we have to…

 

He says quietly to himself before climbing back into the truck, reading the diary again.

 

FADE OUT

FADE IN

 

ARMY BASE - NIGHT

 

The group sits quietly in the shadows, watching the base. People can be seen walking around holding various assault rifles.

 

Mike: Travis, you and I need to take out the snipers.

 

Travis: I see one on both corner towers. There may be more but I’m not sure.

 

Mike: Ok. You take the left side and I take the right. Now the rest of you don’t move till the snipers are taken out.

 

Mike and Travis split off, each taking their position. Split Screen. They each count to three before firing. Both the snipers at the back of the base are taken out. Another three count and the other two are taken out. Mike and Travis take aim and continue to fire at any other guards they see. Austin hurls one stick of dynamite at the gate. With a loud boom it goes down, sending people running in chaos. The rest of the team rushes in, guns blazing. There are several screams in both fear and in pain as guards are shot and killed. One man begins to climb another tower but Travis shoots him as he gets half way.

 

Travis: Damn I’m good.

 

Austin rounds a corner to see one man in the base unloading into a woman. He fires his shot gun at point blank range, dropping him quickly.

 

JUST OUTSIDE THE BASE IN THE CONVOY - NIGHT

 

Katie and the woman stand by the truck, each holding guns. Katie holds a desert eagle while the woman holds an M-16. They hear the explosion and quickly begin to scan the area. Inside the truck Jade, Kaylee and two other children peer out the windows.

 

Katie: Be ready for anything.

 

Protecting woman: I am, you just be careful. You have precious cargo.

 

Katie: Like I don’t hear that 20 times a day(LAUGH)

 

One member of the base who made an escape come running though the field. The women aim.

 

Katie: Stop right there!

 

The member draws a gun but the woman quickly fires.

 

Protecting woman: Sorry, I might’ve acted prematurely.

 

Katie: Hey, we warned them.

 

ARMY BASE - NIGHT

 

The group has the rest rounded up in the middle of the base, down on their knees and hands behind their head.

 

Austin: We got ‘em.

 

One remaining member takes aim but a quick shot takes him down from behind. Mike and Travis come walking up with Mike holding his side arm.

 

Mike: Well that went smoothly. Alright everyone. Here’s your choices. You stay under my leadership and live by our rules, or leave. It’s your call. You’re free to leave and won’t be shot, you have my word.

 

A few members get up and cautiously walk away, shaking their heads.

 

Mike: Dan, get them some supplies. They have a long and dangerous walk ahead of them.

 

Dan: You got it.

 

Dan grabs some bottles of water and a few food rations and throws them to the people leaving.

 

Dan: You really should stay, it’s safer.

 

Leaving woman: Not with you bandits.

 

Dan: We’re not bandits.

 

Alex: Aren’t we? C’mon, let’s go get the vehicles.

 

The vehicles slowly come rolling in and park inside the base.

 

Mike: Park that truck in front of the gate till we get it repaired.

 

Alex nods his head and repositions the truck.

 

Mike: Now I need to know what kind of jobs you people can do.

 

Enrique: I can make ammo.

 

Mike: Ok, we can definitely get use out of you.

 

Enrique: The rest are just basic people. Some are soldiers, the rest are family members and people looking for safety.

 

Mike: Well you wouldn’t let outsiders in and we need housing, we had no choice.

 

Enrique: We knew eventually people would try, but damn, you guys are good.

 

Niki: Yes, yes we are.

 

Mike: Ok, I want to know what we have for supplies, what we have for ammo and what we have for weapons.

 

Enrique: I assure you we won’t disappoint. I'll take you to the armory.

 

Enrique stood up and motioned for Mike to follow.

 

Mike: Travis, Alex, c’mon. I want someone else to show some of my people your supplies.

 

Katie: Ahem.

 

Mike: And get my pregnant wife and the children somewhere to lay down and sleep.

 

The group disbanded, some apprehensive but others seeming to be more accepting of the outsiders. Enrique led Mike, Alex and Travis towards the armory. A thick concrete building in the center of the base. Enrique opened the door and smirked a bit.

 

Enrique: Gentlemen, pick your poison.

 

The walls were lined with several assault rifles, sniper rifles and handguns.

 

Alex: Wow….

 

In the center of the building were large boxes of ammo.

 

Travis: How in the hell did you get so much stuff?

 

Enrique: Well this was an army base.

 

Mike: I thought for sure it would be cleaned out.

 

Enrique: Well some people who came here were collectors and then I can make ammo as long as I have the lead and powder. One guy is a chemist so we managed to make our own.

 

Alex: I can see how you lasted so long.

 

Mike sets his weapon down and grabs an AK 47 and examines it. Travis grabs a PSG 1 sniper rifle.

 

Travis: You wouldn’t happen to have…

 

Enrique: All then .50 cal’s are in the back locked up.

 

Travis: Awesome. You are my new friend(LAUGH)

 

FADE OUT

 

FADE IN

 

ARMY BASE - DAY

 

A crew is working on repairing the gate, headed by Alex. In one hand is the diary, his grip like a death grip on it

 

Alex: ok, watch that sodering, we need that to be strong.

 

Sarah walks by, talking to Niki and Dan.

 

Sarah: This place is incredible.

 

Dan: I know. They have some semblance of electricity so we can actually have a security system.

 

Niki: Not to mention the supplies and guns.

 

Sarah: And they have an actual lab. So I can get back to work on that cure.

 

Dan: Good.

 

Sarah: Yeah, I don’t want Sasha’s work to die. I just need her diary from Alex. All the info was written in there.

 

Niki: Good luck getting that from him.

 

Sarah: I know, he won’t let it out of his grasp.

 

Dan: Can ya blame him? I mean it is his only thing of Sasha he has left.

 

Niki: True.

 

Sarah: Yeah, but I need it for the cure.

 

Dan: Well, good luck to ya getting it. You’ll have your work cut out for ya.

 

Sarah: Well I’ve dealt with worse challenges.

 

ARMY BASE, WATCH TOWER - DAY

 

Travis stands on the tower, his new sniper rifle in his hands. He looks around but soon sees Mike come climbing up.

 

Travis: Hey Mike, what’s up?

 

Mike: I need to talk to you.

 

Travis: Well I’m listening.

 

Mike: I think it’s time we divide up leadership.

 

Travis: What? You don’t want to lead anymore?

 

Mike: No, I do. But with Katie getting closer to her due date I’ll need to be with her more. I mean I gave you time off of guard duty when Bonnie was close.

 

Travis: That’s fair. What’d ya have in mind?

 

Mike: We’ll divide up into squads. I want you to lead the scouts. Austin will lead the Elite Squad, I’ll take care of vehicles, Dan will of course lead Tech and Alex will be in charge of security.

 

Travis: Ya sure that’s a good idea for Alex?

 

Mike: With the way he’s been acting who better to keep us safe?

 

Travis: Sound reasoning. So who’ll be in which squad?

 

Mike: Whoever wants to.

 

Travis: Makes sense I suppose.

 

Mike: Good, I’m glad you agree.

 

Travis turns and sees a few zombies approaching. He takes aim with his rifle and fires, three rounds go off and three zombies drop.

 

Travis: I love this gun.(LAUGH)

 

Mike: Yeah, we really lucked into getting this place.

 

ARMY BASE, FARM - DAY

 

Austin and Emily begin to work on the garden.

 

Emily: Not a horrible farm.

 

Austin: No, I’ve seen worse. They just need a little help growing. Maybe if we can

find some fertilizer.

 

Emily: What about all those dead bodies outside the gates?

 

Austin: That could work but all the bacteria might also ruin the crops.

 

Emily: What if we use left over fish or something?

 

Austin: Well aside from dealing with the smell that might just work. Go and gather me some babe.

 

Emily: You’re lucky you’re cute.

 

Austin: No, you’re lucky I’m cute(LAUGH)

 

Emily shakes her head and walks away. Germaine comes walking up, looking around.

 

Germaine: Any idea what our plans are now?

 

Austin: Near as I can tell we’re going to stay here and live a new life. I mean it’s far better than our original base.

 

Alex: Hey!

 

Alex comes walking up, shaking his head. Under one arm is the diary and in the other hand is his pistol.

 

Austin: Dude, it was nice but we lived in a giant tree house. Here we can each have our own homes and help us have some semblance of a normal life.

 

Germaine: You lived in a tree house?

 

Alex: Basically.

 

Austin: Well it was huge. I mean we had everything, but it was still a tree house. We were over run and it began to collapse. We must’ve lost half our people.

 

Germaine: Damn, that had to suck.

 

Austin: That goes without saying.

 

Germaine: How’d you get out?

 

Alex: We fought our way out. Using a recovered RPG, lots of bullets and dynamite.

 

Germaine: Well why not wait for it to cool down and head back?

 

Alex: It had a fail safe in it. If we became over run with either zombies or bandits it would detonate.

 

Germaine: That explosion was you? We saw that miles away.

 

Austin: Yeah, we might’ve gone a bit over board with explosives. Not to mention not everyone got out.

 

Germaine: Well it happens to the best of us. Plus I’m sure they knew the risks.

 

Alex: If not they found out the hard way.

 

Austin: Yeah…

 

Emily comes back with a container of fish bones and left over fish.

 

Germaine: Wow that’s rank. What is that?

 

Austin: Fish bones and left over fish. We’ll use it like fertilizer

 

Emily: Yeah, my man’s so smart

 

Austin begins to dig small holes around the garden with Emily following behind dropping the fish in.

 

Germaine: Will it work?

 

Austin: Hopefully. Otherwise we’ll just have a stinky pile of dirt.

 

Emily and Austin begin to fill in the holes and look at their garden.

 

Austin: Now we wait.

 

Behind them Mike stands up, trying to get everyone’s attention. Germaine, Alex, Austin and Emily walk over towards him along with everyone else.

 

Mike: Alright everyone. We’ll be dividing up into groups. Anyone who can drive well or work on vehicles come with me for the Motorized Cavalry. Anyone trained in stealth and survival go with Travis for the scouts. Any heavy gunners or those trained with explosives go with Austin for the Special Forces. Anyone who is good with tech go talk to Dan to be put on the Tech Squad. Then we need some to talk to Alex to be put on the Security squad. Everyone else will stay here and find their own jobs. We need Medical, cooks, farms, and other just general jobs as well as defense. If worst comes to worst you’re our last line of defense if we get over run by either zombies or humans. Now go!

 

Alex: I’m in charge of security?

 

Austin: Security seshermity. I’m leader of the special forces….nice.

 

Austin stood there arms, crossed. Tony and Enrique walk over to Austin along with several others. The group is dispersed while a few others stand in the middle before going back to their original jobs.

 

Austin: Alright, now you all know why you’re here. Because, just like me, you’re all awesome(LAUGH)

 

Bonnie and Travis stand there, with Bonnie holding Jade.

 

Bonnie: I gotta go with Mike. You be safe as a Scout.

 

Travis: Oh, you know I will be baby. Just trust me.

 

The two kiss before parting ways. Those interested in becoming scouts make their way to Travis.

 

Travis: Nice group. But be forewarned. There will be a high mortality rate with this. The Special forces may go in but they have a group. Our groups will be three people at the most. I want all of you to train with sniper rifles. The best will be the designated snipers of the squads. But if something happens you’ll all need to know how to use one. Now we need to go and work on aim for starters. Since you may want every shot to count. Unlike Special forces we can’t use explosives and just spray the area. Now let’s go.

 

The group walks off towards the armory, each of them going to grab sniper rifles before going to the range. Meanwhile Alex stands there with a few men and women around him.

 

Alex: Everyone make sure you have a good assault rifle and some sort of melee weapon. Also a side arm is high recommended. Make sure your radios are always tuned in to the Tech Group since they’ll be our eyes and ears. Now get equipped and fan out. And don’t hesitate to shoot anyone or anything that comes too close.

 

They nod their heads and spread out with Alex heading over towards the Tech room.

 

Narrator: Now we were more like an army than survivors. Then again, we’d always been like an army. But now it seemed more realistic. We’d been divided up into squads, each with a commanding officer. Mike had given up some semblance of leadership but had now taken the nickname ‘General’ which seemed fitting. But all the leaders seemed to be equal right down to only being able to talk to and discipline their own squad members. I just hope this is a good idea.

 

FADE OUT

 

2 MONTHS LATER

 

FADE IN

 

Katie walked around, her belly now swelled fully. She held Kaylee’s and Jade’s hands as they walked around.

 

Kaylee: Where’s mommy?

 

Katie: She’s training with Travis

 

Kaylee: I wished she didn’t have to train so much

 

Katie: It’s for your own safety

 

Kaylee: I know, but still, I miss her

 

Jade: Mommy….

 

Bonnie came walking up with a smile. She had grease on her face and arms.

 

Bonnie: There’s my little girl.

 

Jade held her hands up to be picked up.

 

Bonnie: Sorry sweety but I’m too dirty.

 

Jade began to throw a bit of a tantrum. Bonnie rolls her eyes and sighs before picking her up, holding her.

 

Jade: Mommy

 

Bonnie: So how you doing Katie?

 

Katie: Aside from feeling like I’m about to explode, good.

 

Bonnie: Any ideas for names yet?

 

Katie: If it’s a girl I like Theresa. But if it’s a boy Mike wants Ezekiel.

 

Bonnie: Ezekiel?

 

Katie: Yeah, I hope it’s a girl.

 

Bonnie: Naturally.

 

Katie: So here’s to hoping. How’s it going with the motorized cavalry?

 

Bonnie: Good. We have quite the fleet. Have you seen Travis?

 

Katie: Uh, I think he’s out on a training exercise with the Scouts Guild.

 

Bonnie: Damn…he’s been gone all day.

 

Katie: Well Emily’s going through the same thing.

 

Bonnie: Love, a real pain in the a*s sometimes. But it’s worth it.

 

She said with a smile, beginning to sway with Jade.

 

Bonnie: So any idea what you’re going to do?

 

Katie: Well once Theresa…hopefully….is out I may join security. That way I can stay close to the kids.

 

Bonnie: Good. Plus who better to use than a mother for protecting everyone here including the children?

 

Katie: That’s my logic.

 

Bonnie: Smart woman.

 

Emily comes walking up with a sigh.

 

Emily: So is this where the lonely women meet?

 

Bonnie: Apparently(LAUGH)

 

Katie: Missing Austin?

 

Emily: Yeah, definitely.

 

Bonnie: Why don’t we go talk to Dan? He might be able to see them on the cameras.

 

Katie: Good idea, c’mon.

 

The group walks away, heading toward the Tech building.

 

ARMY BASE, TECH ROOM - DAY

 

The women and kids walk into the Tech room where Dan and his people are all gathered around monitors.

 

Dan: What can I do for ya ladies?

 

Bonnie: We were wondering if you could see our men on any of the cameras?

 

Dan: Hmm, let’s take a look. I got Austin here using one of the abandoned buildings for a clearing exercise. As for the Scouts Guild they left a while ago to do some survival training. We’ve been monitoring their radios just in case but haven’t heard any emergencies.

 

Emily: ok, thanks Dan

 

Dan: no problem ladies. Ya know, if any of you want to join up?

 

Bonnie: Sorry, I’m with the Motorized Cavalry.

 

Emily: Farm for me

 

Katie: I’ll be joining security.

 

Dan: man, no one wants to join the Tech group. I mean we have all this awesome stuff. We’re slowly getting electricity back to the entire base and soon it’ll be like a normal neighborhood. Except for ya know, zombies surrounding the place.

 

Emily: Surrounding?

 

Dan: Well in a manner of speaking that is. I mean with Alex on security nothings been getting close.

 

Katie: That’s a plus. I mean…oh boy….

 

Bonnie: Katie?

 

Katie: I need to go!

 

Dan grabs the radio.

 

Dan: Sarah, this is Dan in the Tech Room.

 

Sarah: Duh

 

Dan: Katie’s going into labor.

 

Sarah: On my way!

 

Bonnie and Emily help Katie lay down on a couch as Dan looks at the monitors.

 

Dan: Mike, it’s time, get to the Tech room!

 

On the monitors Mike can be seen in a dead sprint, knocking people over as he runs.

© 2010 Weird Chef


Author's Note

Weird Chef
This is the sequel to the Sasha Diaries



Reviews

Holy crap your writing is amazing! I'm actually blown away. I wasn't expecting that, I think your writing style was unique and very, very good! Good work, I'll be sure to keep checking in and reading your stuff!

I just wrote my first screenplay, my first script, maybe could you give me some advice?? You're great. Or maybe we could work together in the future? Let me know, I'm all in. Here's the link to my script...

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/samfths/1865804/

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Weird Chef
Weird Chef

Shoreview, MN



About
I'm a chef, as you may have noticed. I was originally going to go to school for writing but there was a Snafu and now I'm a chef. Funny how life works. I usually work in the sci-fi, horror and fantasy.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Weird Chef