Scentless

Scentless

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

You are one insensitive, scentless flower.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scentless

 

We are in an unending search for affection, faith, and acceptance.

 

And the longer a solo flower remains in denial to its need for another amidst the fields of God, the paler its petals appear, wilting with the unfriendly winds preceding a storm.

 

"You are one insensitive, scentless flower." the wind hisses against the fragile, half-hearted, loose petals..

 

There are days when we refuse the soothing touch of the summer rain, or the persistent, cheerful embrace of the spring breath.

 

We do not need to be loved by Earth's nature, for we lack the capacity to smile back at its unconditional kisses and hushed, sheltering breath. We'd rather not owe it later, because we would be penniless still. We would know not the ways to tend the pitiable, dried out leaves of the trees in the autumn, and we are afraid we would not recognize its weeping frosted limbs in the winter. We would know not the ways to return the favor.

 

We would stare at the shards of love reflected in the mirror of a pond with tears of mangled human emotions slowly freezing in trails on our stained skin. And the vanishing spring would stare back at us with bitter broken tears of widowed gratitude.

 

© 2010 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Comments, reviews, corrections, greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

*Image by ~Fallenangels94

*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=sad+flower#/d1gsj4b

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW... just wow this is outstanding.....

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the beautiful imagery you give for us to enjoy. What a beautiful style and message.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your poem is faultless, it has been written with
great expertise and intelligence.
It is beautiful in the expression of your mystical,
religious and philosophical understanding, of course
others will appreciate your artistry, but may not
follow your education , or your thinking.

Gifted creation. Beautifully written.
-----Eagle Cruagh


























===

Posted 13 Years Ago


A little on the deep side, very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dear You Owe You Pay,

This is a very interesting write. An examination of Man's relationship with Nature and a hypothesis that we are afraid to love because we are inadequate and unable to return its love, that we'd rather scorn this love even though such an act hurts us.

Greatly enjoyed. A very thought provoking piece.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


you always leave me breathless at the end of your peices, i thought this peice was to point and had a great message behind it. thank you for sharing yet another great peice! truly amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


After reading this there is only one thing I want to say to you. When you publish, which I have no doubt that you will, I want to know because I am going to be the first person in line to buy your work. I do not know what your dreams are, what you aspire to be, but you are an incredible, inspirational writer with works that I will follow as long as you write. I am just blown away.:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought this was great! I like the voice and the flow, well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
mm-brilliant-
i do owe-
i do pay tribute to
the creative wordsmith
that u are-i am quiet take...
(a true artist u r !)


Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
no man is a island..what an absolutely outstanding write..I found it utterly enchanting..well done

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

995 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on December 17, 2010
Tags: lonely, flower, sad, love, faith, tears, pain, loss

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..