Scentless

Scentless

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

You are one insensitive, scentless flower.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scentless

 

We are in an unending search for affection, faith, and acceptance.

 

And the longer a solo flower remains in denial to its need for another amidst the fields of God, the paler its petals appear, wilting with the unfriendly winds preceding a storm.

 

"You are one insensitive, scentless flower." the wind hisses against the fragile, half-hearted, loose petals..

 

There are days when we refuse the soothing touch of the summer rain, or the persistent, cheerful embrace of the spring breath.

 

We do not need to be loved by Earth's nature, for we lack the capacity to smile back at its unconditional kisses and hushed, sheltering breath. We'd rather not owe it later, because we would be penniless still. We would know not the ways to tend the pitiable, dried out leaves of the trees in the autumn, and we are afraid we would not recognize its weeping frosted limbs in the winter. We would know not the ways to return the favor.

 

We would stare at the shards of love reflected in the mirror of a pond with tears of mangled human emotions slowly freezing in trails on our stained skin. And the vanishing spring would stare back at us with bitter broken tears of widowed gratitude.

 

© 2010 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Comments, reviews, corrections, greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

*Image by ~Fallenangels94

*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=sad+flower#/d1gsj4b

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is beautiful! The picture and title are excellent~ Amazing job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is Brilliant
You can feel so much emotions from this
its hard for poets to do nowadays but you have done it
WELL DONE

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a lovely poem. There's some great imagery here. In the face of the magnificence of nature, we are so insignificant, and yet so intrinsically linked to it. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The thing is...the earth is a living organism...an entity...the planet is alive! Her blood is as red as ours but we call it lava...her heart is pulsing deep within...her tears are rain...her smiles are flowers and we are only parasites on the surface of her skin. The earth does not need us...without us, the earth could heal herself and mend the wounds we have inflicted upon her...but we need her to survive...she is the mother of all and we have taken her for granted for far too long. But when she grows weary of our torture and abuse...I have no doubt that she will find a way to shed herself of the parasites which infest her...and then...after the destruction...she will start over fresh from scratch and perhaps another species may seek to tame her wild, unyielding nature. The dinosaurs were mightier than we and ruled the land and sea for millions of years...but today they are only fossils...dried bones of those giant lizards which once roamed her jungles and plains. Mankind thinks himself so superior with his intellect and cunning....but he is no match for an angry blue planet and soon but too late we shall all come to that devastating conclusion...whether we like it or not. Those are my thoughts on this wonderful write. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! Brilliant work! I love how you go through the seasons. It's true, we don't appreciate what nature has to offer. A well written piece! Thnx for the request! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

995 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on December 17, 2010
Tags: lonely, flower, sad, love, faith, tears, pain, loss

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..