Consoling Darkness [Final Draft]

Consoling Darkness [Final Draft]

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay
"

These were not my memories

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked down at my hands and they were sizzling, with vapor literally circling the quivering finger tips. Did I just send them flying across the room? But I was not a magician. I barely even believed in magic. Adam wiped his forehead with a groan, sweeping away the clutter of books on his knees with the other hand, "I'm-m sorry." I said offering him a shaky hand, "You 'kay?"

 

"I'm fine." He composedly said, his blue eyes observing mine, as if trying to figure out where my hocus-pocus suddenly popped out from.

 

"I don't how this just happened when I'm not even a Guard-"

 

I gasped as the skin of his hand met my palm, his touch scrolling the current scene out of my sight, pulling me into me to an outlandish city devoured by fire and ashes. My eyes traced splinters of flames crossing the sky like shooting stars over a mighty tower that rapidly tumbled down. I could smell burnt skin and hear tragic female mourning. My heart rushed and bile froze half-way in my throat. These were not my memories.



© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Alright, this is like another version of a teaser. And the good news is: the whole chapter is almost done. Bad news is, you're gonna have to wait for a few more hours *nervous chuckle*

P.S: OH! And another good news is: I've recently posted this cute short story about Jad's hygiene-freak of a sister getting infected with hairlice! Check it out and tell me what you think:

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Wella%20D./706847/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This leaves me with a lot of questions but thats why i like it, this was intriging and beautifully written, i have to read more of your stories, you really know how to write a good one, keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my gosh! What's happening??? Now I have a billion questions! I feel like I am reading a nail-biting thriller. Like I should hurry up and turn the page because something terrible might happen if I don't. What's going on??? Transformations and toxins and memories and a bunch of other stuff too. If this was a television show I would be crying right now because of your ending and having to wait for more. But thankfully I don't have to wait. Perhaps I will be able to sleep tonight.:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The final line really drew me in.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, that last line just drew me in......this is the kind of writing I adore reading!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Photo and words were very strong. I will come back on my next set of day offs and read the complete story. You are create a interesting tale. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! I think I'm going to have to get into the story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I haven't read the chapters prior to this (I came here because of the read request you sent me), so I might not be able to say much as far as the story itself is concerned. However, I can say that I liked what I read. The sentences flowed nicely, and there were some nice descriptions in these couple of paragraphs; the one for the city stuck out to me the most.

One thing I do want to point out, though, is the grammar. Everything looked fine other than the bit concerning the dialogue. For example:

Adam wiped his forehead with a groan, sweeping away the clutter of books on his knees with the other hand, "I'm-m sorry." I said offering him a shaky hand, "You 'kay?"

There should be a period after both uses of the word "hand." The period after "sorry" should be a comma. And:

"I'm fine." He composedly said, his blue eyes observing mine, as if trying to figure out where my hocus-pocus suddenly popped out from.

There should be a comma after "fine," not a period, and "he" is supposed to be lower cased.

Of course, I could be wrong if where you live specifically dictates otherwise, so I guess there could be a slight possibility of me being wrong about these corrections, but, regardless, I thought I'd point them out anyway, just in case. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, i loved it! the pciture goes perfectly eith this and it helps me to visualize the last paragraph1 great write! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011


Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Windy Night Windy Night

A Poem by


Moods Moods

A Poem by DrD