Broken Apology

Broken Apology

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.

 

An apology and a warm hug, to dry the flooded eyes and cool the scorched flesh.

Just to end up bitterly weeping again with skin that burns with invisible fire.

 

An apology and a feeble, irrisistable smile, suggesting a fresh blank page, generous kisses on the forehead and a chest one can lean against and sigh their misery into.

Just to be thrown away across the room with a new, dispecable misery as company.

 

An apology and an oath never to hold the dagger again, an oath to mend the sliced heart and stiffen the limp shoulders.

Just to end up stabbed, sliced, and curled in an insecure blood-smudged ball.

 

An apology and a toast to a home free of ignorance and abuse.

Just to end up pressed against the bedroom carpet, under a filthy shoe.

 

An apology and a plea. To let it all go forgotten with the morning sea.

Just to start another day being shaken in bed, screamed at, and emptied of all stability.

 

A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.

 

All that toxin of hell badly stitched inside... is cut loose again.

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
*Image: Poor Man's Apology
*by *surrealeye
*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=apology#/d26plhz

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have to say, this is so far my favourite of everything you've sent me read requests for. Beautifully written, and I understood it so well. It reminded me of some times in my life where broken apologies abounded, and you are right. They are worse than broken promises by a good long mile. My favourite line? Well, that's got to be "An apology and a plea. To let it all go forgotten with the morning sea..." Well done. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

3 Years Ago

I don't know if this message will reach you. But I really, really loved our friendship on this websi.. read more
Beautiful stuff, at this point in my life, these words are very relevant to me. I have always enjoyed yor work, please keep it up.
Sorry it took me so long to read this, lifes kept me busy, keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very good.
Nice imagery...
and i agree with this... no one wants a half hearted apology

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with you. I hate it when someone gives a half hearted apology.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Impressive in its imagery and words. Way too often true.
Excellent work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your words are true in this poem. When you apology and repeat the bad action. Words become useless. I like how you made the story strong in the poem with very good description. A strong ending to a excellent poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is good

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very deep and true :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The extreme emotions flowing through this poem, are what makes this poem so special!
These must have come upon the deep realization of the fickleness human nature.

Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really thoughtful piece. I like the first line, it drew me in completley. this is well thought out and has a lot of emotion in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1027 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011
Tags: hurt, poem, feelings, emotional, bad, hell, pain, tears, promise, love, apology, sorry, bleed

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Died On Stage Died On Stage

A Poem by OT