On a Cloud

On a Cloud

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay
"

Thoughts that come across during a calm moment

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Why do people represent dreams and wishes with stars one strives to touch? Things in front of our eyes can sometimes be difficult enough to reach.

 

-Keep each sweet rose pressed in a different book page. But never slip a fresh rose in between greyish dried petals. For the ancient scent of memories should never blend with that of the present.

 

-Driving on a video game screen and driving on black silt are very similar. Their steers are not tricky to handle until the streets are crowded with other vehicles.

 

-Do let the sight of glossy blades of grass please your eyes and beg you to sit and sprawl with a leisurly breath but never think about what might crawl across your skin. For fear consumes the spirit and is an omen that just might take hold of its captive.

 

-Do not run away or deride your twin behind the mirror. What a man sees in your eyes is what you see in your own reflection.

 

-The other evening, my father praised the presence of my sibling, for it gives him joy. And when I asked about how he feels when I'm near by he answered: "I feel similar to when it's raining outside the window pane." It never occured to me before, but I was not upset, and I asked if he felt the same way. He said: "I love the rain. And I also fear it."

 

-Would you rather have a dearly loved one tell you to get out of their lives, or would you rather receive news about their sudden death in a car crash?

 

-Happy endings are sugary, cliche, and overrated, so are tragic endings. Now adays, people tend to focus their attention on unfinished stories with confusing last scenes.

 

-How come we are so fascinated with extratarestrials and aliens when the present world we live in is swarming with listless, mysterious people who treat their neighbors as if each is from a distant planet?



© 2012 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
*Image Title: walking on air.
*By: ~bleed-for-me-darling
*Link: http://bleed-for-me-darling.deviantart.com/art/walking-on-air-115409016?q=boost%3Apopular%20walking%20on%20air&qo=19

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i loved this! you're an amazing writer! thank you for posting this and sending me a read request! keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the wisdom in this poem.
"Keep each sweet rose pressed in a different book page. But never slip a fresh rose in between greyish dried petals. For the ancient scent of memories should never blend with that of the present."
I like them all. The above one is my favorite. Thank you for the amazing knowledge and wisdon in this outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


liked this a lot

Posted 12 Years Ago


"-The other evening, my father praised the presence of my sibling, for it gives him joy. And when I asked about how he feels when I'm near by he answered: "I feel similar to when it's raining outside the window pane." It never occured to me before, but I was not upset because I loved the rain, and I asked if he felt the same way. He said: "I love the rain. And I also fear it."

That was my favourite part. It seemed slightly at odds with the rest of the piece, given that the rest were all questions and this was not. But overall, I liked it. Very thought-provoking. Well done. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


great piece. love how it come together and the choice of word that makes this a work of art.

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW, nice piece. Lots of gret lines tat make you think. Very well crafted. I will be putting this one in my library. Thanks!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love it!
These are all brilliant questions
I'm not sure which would be better
As far as family member go
I guess to still have them alive
But unavailable to me

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loving something and fearing it at the same time . . . sounds like respect if you ask me, though i don't think that's what you meant in this piece. I love the sarcastic tone in your writings. Keep it comin.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. These are such deep topics and most not what people think about, or rather want to think about. I answered questions quickly in my head after each one of your stanzas and sometimes I caught myself answering them selfishly. It is truly impeccable that is the way it is. Thank you for giving me enlightenment.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I would love to see the poem condensed into rhythmic lines.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

881 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2012
Tags: poem, thoughts, random, love, family, hate, people, days, time, memories, friends, self-hate


Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..