Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay
"

The last shiver in his legs made them collapse.

"

 

 

SWISS cheese

 

 

 

"STAY BACK!" he seemed more afraid of his own gun than any of the hostages were, "I'm warning you, I'll kill them all if you take one more step!"

 

A female weep failed to be suppressed in the dark back of the warehouse. "Don't cry, Rachael. He can't hurt us." another voice was clinging to courage still.

 

"Is this…the person who supposedly raped Blair five years ago?" Kem whispered, careful not to drop her arms down despite the fatigue.

 

"It's possible." Her partner whispered back.

 

"Ah, makes sense…How old was he then, like twelve?"

 

"D-DON'T TALK!" he spat firmly directing the gun towards the source of the conversation, his feet almost tripping over the body of his acomplice a step behind.

 

Is this a joke? Jacob internally winced. It was ridiculous being the lead of the so-called-invincible squad yet standing unarmed with other three practiced adults against one baffled teenager. "Look, kid--"

 

"KEEP YOUR HANDS UP." Jacob complied.

 

"Alright, listen, kid, do you see this button on my shirt? You see it? Good. I already pressed it."

 

"Yeah, so?" he said trying to sound sarcastic instead of terrified of the possible meaning.

 

"So this means the police will be here any minute."

 

The boy would not let that damage the remaining control he gained. His gun remained pointed and his eyes glancing everywhere to prove dominance.

 

"Your old butler down there," Jacob's eyes pointed at the unmoving body of an elder in a black tuxedo, "Yeah, he's killed quiet a number of us. That was great. But now it's over."

 

"Shut up."

 

"It's.over."

 

"I said.. SHUTUP!"

 

"Jacob, stop it!" I said with a quickening breath, "he'll shoot you! He'll shoot us all."

 

The boy nervously pulled back the hammer with a click, and his finger coiled around the trigger. He stared down at his grimy shoes in silence interrupted by his own exhales. Unless he wanted to fall over with a torso resembling Swiss cheese, he had to surrender.

 

The last shiver in his legs made them collapse, the handgun loosening in his grip and his fists tightening against the floor where two drops of tears stained the dust in sequels. Kem's arms slowly descended to either sides of her waist, but the rest of us stayed alert.

 

It was an effort of an amateur; openly kidnapping a group of students during a high school reunion, and using a common warehouse as a hideout for no ransom, no backup for support.

 

"F**k this. I hate being alone." He was unashamed of the loud sobs taking turns as echoes within the walls, "All I wanted was to spend time with my best friends again!" the teary glares of the hostages seeping from the dark did not exactly indicate their closeness with the boy. And even if they had known him in the past, I bet my stitched belly they did not recognize him right now.

 

"Nobody gives a s**t anymore. Nobody wants to play with me anymore!"

 

"There falls the phenomena of the era," Kem muttered, "The young adult frozen in the mind and body of a fifteen-year-old."



© 2011 YouoweYoupay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You create a wild situation. I like how you made the event filled with fear and danger. I like the conversation and the internal thoughts in the chapter. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2011
Tags: story, science fiction, psychology, love, hate, pain, belonging, future, mystery, drama, action


Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay