Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Saphira
"

Ceilia was raised to fight off the supernatural, but can she fight off her mate and keep her orders? Or will everything fall?

"

Chapter 1


The wind rustles through my hair as I walk down the concrete path. The music of my  new i-phone playing through my earbuds, deafening all of the sounds from the city life. The houses that line the road slowly lessens as they turn from side by side housing to one every mile or two. The chipped and cracked concrete turns to soft green luscious grass, the street lights flickers around me until I walk so far that they disappear. I am almost half way home.

I’m walking through the green forest with trees higher than  eiffel tower hoping to make it home before midnight when I hear a strange sound. It was so loud I could hear it over my music. The sound of a mighty wolf was heard, just a bit behind me. Turning around I see the wolf in the pale light of the full moon.

The wolf, massive in size, long bushing tail, sharp teeth, eyes that could stare you cold in a minute, big broad shoulders, and legs that could run faster than any cheetah could ever try to run. It howled again at the moon never looking away.  “I need to get away from the wolf before he decides i’m his next meal. moving my foot backwards the sound of a tree limb sounded through the chilly air as I tried to escape from the treacherous beast.

Our eyes lock, and I know that there is no escape for me. The monstrous beast starts to walk towards me, and that is the time that I decided to run for my life. Twigs and leaves scrape my skin, tree roots try to trip me as I run away from the beast only a few yards behind me. I see light from my house off in the distance, and the beast slowed down as I kept running.  

I jump up the stairs of my wooden wrap-around porch that lines my blue two story house, barging through the mahogany door. I’m out of breath as I go around my house locking all of the windows and outside doors. Hoping that I don’t ever see that wolf again.

Finally calming down I decided it was part of my imagination. No wolf could be that big. It must have been a trick of the light. Walking upstairs and into my bedroom I see the moon, so bright and glowing. It feels like I can just reach up and touch it. I turn away from the window, moving into my bathroom and undressed I draw myself a hot bath, soaking it into my skin, easing all of my worries and insecurities.

Once my bath turned cold and I was pruney I got out of the water, wrapping myself in a warmed towel.  Walking into my room I plopped down into my blue king sized bed. Slowly falling asleep, but just as I go off into dream land a howl pierces the air and my blood runs cold. I have heard that wolf call before…. just before I got chased. I knew that the wolf was real and that nothing could protect me from it in the woods. Not even a twenty-two rifle or a twenty-two shotgun could stop that beast in its tracks.

********************************************************

Sun filters through my eyelashes waking me up to the slight rise of the sun. All memories of last night was forgotten. As I slowly rise from my bed I heard a knock on my front door. looking over at my digital clock I saw that it was 6:30a.m. “Who in the world would be at my house at this time of morning??????? “ I wondered.

Getting up out of bed I yelled out to the stranger, “I’ll  be right there!”  I start to rush into my clothing so as not to seem rude. I rush down the stairs nearly tripping over my cat, Snuggles. Slowing down I catch my breath looking at the dark mahogany wooden door with the brass door knob and knocker on the outside. My barefeet walks across the blue carpeted floor barely making any sounds. My hand touches the door knob, turning it ever so slightly while opening the door to the person beyond it.

In front of me is a person that i’ve never seen before, his height was at least six feet tall, his build was that of someone who was muscular but not too much. His hair swayed in the wind even though it cut pretty short. His eyes spoked of years beyond reach of treacherous things.

He kept staring at me like I was a freak. “ Hello, how can I help you?” I questioned the stranger. As soon as I said my question, his eyes came into focused as he caught himself staring at me.

“My name is Tristan, I am your next door neighbor,” he stated looking straight into my eyes, “ Sorry about just walking up in here at this hour but I was wondering if you had something you wanted me to do. I work as a handyman and I figured I’d tell all my neighbors that if they needed any help with anything to call this number,” he continued, pushing a piece of paper into my hands that held a number in black ink. Then he just smiled at me with a million dollar smile like he just won the lottery. He turned around and walked away from the door, putting his left hand up and waving at me as he walked away from my house and yard. Walking into the darkened ground made by the tall canopies of the trees.

Shutting my front door I start to wonder. “Why? Why would he just walk up to my house this early in the morning.” I strolled into my medium sized kitchen with its island and started making my breakfast. Mmmm, eggs, toast, and bacon. “The perfect breakfast,” I thought while going to grab some milk.



© 2014 Saphira


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on September 18, 2014
Last Updated on September 18, 2014
Tags: mate, Alpha, strong, adventurous, truth finding


Author

Saphira
Saphira

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm a woman who likes to write but will get lazy sometimes. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Saphira