-1-

-1-

A Chapter by Ada

 Red lips stick out in the elegant yet dulling crowd of the main street. A woman in fine clothing rests against a brick wall and takes a drag of a tinted red smooth cigarette. Bodies bustle around her but their eyes always land on her. White lace clings to her body and pearls rest upon her breast, a woman of the highest class. 
 "Violet. I am very happy you came." Violet's eyes raise to meet a handsome man, a man by the name of Alistair. He is a multimillionaire, a real business man of the time, and Violet's prized possession as of late. 
 Violet smiles, showing pearly whites of perfection. Dropping her cigarette she reaches to Alistair's arm wrapping hers around it. "I wouldn't miss an event, you know it wouldn't even be an event without me." With that said, a new kind of smirk expands on Alistair's lips that causes Violet a little dismay. What was he up to?
 "Your hair is divine this evening Violet." He strokes, lightly, her long blonde hair that had been straightened out this evening. "A true city sight and my one true desire." 
 Violet leads her fingers up his arm further and she clutches his bicep as a grin spreads on her face. Flattery of course, would get him no where. As a naive giggle escapes her Alistair drops his hand from her hair and starts leading her down the city's street. Violet's heels thunder on the cement sidewalk as Alistair's masculinity matches the densely growing atmosphere. The crowd is starting to thin out on the streets as they get closer to their destination. 
 "This is a highly exclusive event Miss Violet." Suddenly the two turn into an alley. Violet's eyes side glance to Alistair with curiosity mixed with a kind of thrill. "Not many have come to this event and left the same." Alistair stops walking and Violet stops along with him as she slips her arm away from his. He side steps to be in front of her in this alley way lined with brick walls. He looks down to her with bewitching eyes and a subtly desirable expression and as Violet looks up he leans in close to her. "I hope my Miss Violet isn't too effected by what her precious eyes may see today." Violet's red lips hold a confident smirk as her mind rumbles with mystery. She was not easy to break down, if she could even be broken down anymore.
 "Guess you'll have to take care of me if I get vulnerable." Her finger tips touch the bottom of his chin which has a slight five o'clock shadow and she kisses his scruffy cheek lightly leaving an imprint of her lipstick. Alistair looks down on her leery and she steps around him going deeper in the alley with a sway of her hips, going confidently into a direction unknown. Wiping the lipstick from his cheek he follows after her like a lost puppy while he straightens his bow tie. "Is this the door?" Violet is stopped in the middle of the alley facing a black door with a red doorknob. Her head turns and her hair falls framing her angelic devious face. A dim light vibrates onto her porcelain skin making her skin look lightly painted with dew. Her red lips look glossier and Alistair feebly nods. It was strange, her natural way of making him feel weak only with beauty and a personality of demise. He hated it.
 "Ready?" He snarly smiles to her as he grabs the doorknob opening the door to reveal a long dark hallway that held sparsely scattered lights. The walls were a deep red and the floor was covered with oak wood. Violet answers his question with confident strides into the dark hallway. The sound of her heels dramatized what was about to be seen and this made Alistair excited as he closed the door making the hall even darker. The hallway was only big enough for one person to walk comfortably down it at once. This left Violet leading the way down into this seemed to be lair. She comes to a long velvet curtain and as her manicured hand pets down the curtain she looks back to Alistair. "Welcome, my dear, to a dark paradise." Violet smiles to him, his look was eerie so she pushed back the curtain with anticipation.
 It wasn't as strange as she thought it would be, it was just very black and sleek. Tall tables were set around with no seats and in the front of the monstrous room was a sleek marble looking stage. Elegant couples filtered the room and champagne was in everyone's hand. Alistair slid his arm around Violet's waist as he grabbed her a numbered paddle from a man in a white suit, this man was the only one not in black. Looking down, Violet had seemed to not get the black dress memo either. Holding the paddle Violet eyes Alistair down.
 "An auction?" Violet looks down at the red paddle and her fingers caress over a golden number four. Funny, how she had gotten her lucky number tonight. 
 "Just wait, my darling, this is no ordinary auction." Trickery is in his eyes and his grip tightens around her. Violet's eyes stroll the crowd and for some reason a lot of eyes meet her back. She smiles coolly but with undertones of trembles. Lust encircles around her and it all had to deal with the color of her dress that was accompanied by her unforgettable features. "Let us get a table." Violet is led to a table right in front, just right of the stage. Setting her paddle on the table she turns to face Alistair who is already looking at her.
 "Do I look that lovely tonight?" Her brown eyes drown into his own and they have a glint of innocence she had conjured up just for him. "Everyone is staring." She motions to a table where three men grovel in her direction just for an example. "If I wasn't so use to the lime light, I would find it rude."
 "I forgot to tell you to wear black." He chuckles lowly at this. "Their mistaking you for the main attraction tonight." Violet's eyes question him but lighten.
 "I'm always the main attraction, sadly they must not be mistaken." This makes him laugh again as he caresses the small of her back, leaning into her. The smell of his cologne clogs her nose in a good way as his hand presses with just enough force. 
 "Of course you are always attracting." He whispers as he kisses her forehead. His eyes scan the room as he does this and he smirks into the kiss as he watches the disappointment fill in the room. She was his. Well, that's what he thought and that's what all the other bidders thought as well, but Violet knew well that she could never be owned. Leaning back from each other their attention is grabbed by a man walking onto the stage.
 "Welcome-" The man is in black, he is handsome and has a voice of a radio host. "-friends and newcomers. Tonight is a treat, a fine selection of items indeed." His right arm extends out as he backs up motioning forward someone. "Don't forget to keep your limits off and try to keep you clothes on." Violet's eyes widen for a moment as she watches a woman walk onto the stage. The woman wears a simple white dress that seems to be shorter then needed to be. Her hair is a pure blonde color and her face is painted with makeup in an attracting way. Alistair leans into Violet's ear his breathe hot on her skin.
 "Surprised?" 


© 2015 Ada


Author's Note

Ada
I'M STILL WORKING ON THIS CHAPTER
Just wanted to put a little something out there

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looking forward to more. Keep it coming.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on June 10, 2015
Last Updated on November 14, 2015
Tags: romance, elegant, event


Author

Ada
Ada

About
My visions of my future were vast and unconnecting under black dazed nights. On my walls were memories of future events I had yet to come and they looked like the northern lights. Even as I hugged a r.. more..

Writing