KKK

KKK

A Story by Yolanda
"

need editing comments

"


National History Paper about the KKK. 


My paper is about the KKK. Even though the KKK hates ethnic minorities, I think that the KKK is an interesting topic to research. The KKK exemplifies tragedy through the hate messages they send. Some of the groups they hate are Muslims, African American, Poles,  Balkanians, etc. However, the KKK is a triumph, they bring everyone together. The KKK brings everyone together by send out emails to all of the KKK members and they rand them all up in a circle around the fired cross. Picture below:

The Ku Klux Klan, KKK, is an all American Caucasian group who dislikes people of color. The KKK used to be called the “Klan group.”   The Klan group always used their “anger for violence and intimidation,” especially toward African Americans. The group started on “December 24, 1865, in  Pulaski, TN when  a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.”

The founders of the KKK are Richard R. Reed,  “Frank O. McCord, John C. Lester, John B. Kennedy,  J. Calvin Jones and James R. Crowe.  KKK members have stated that “in the 20th century, the KKK started to target Catholics, Jews, as well as African Americans.” In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the “Ku Klux Klan.” The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population. So the KKK founders were just trying to help the people who need that help.  Also not letting the KKK members what we were talking about.

-

When the KKK was created in the 1866, it had more than 12,000 members in their group. The KKK started to decrease in popularity and disbanded in 1926. But in the early 1900s, the KKK started to be popular again.

One example of KKK violence occurred in 1964 when Michael Schwerner, Andrew Goodman, and James Chaney were working in Mississippi to register black voters.  The KKK was unhappy with the progressive actions of these three men and wanted to show them that they did not approve of their actions. So the KKK So what this is saying is that theses 3 civil rights activists are about to get killed by the KKK for no reason. The policemen was part of the KKK and that is why he is doing what he is doing. It is telling what they did to the 3 men and what the did to them after the KKK killed them.

The KKK members started to send bombs to the 16th baptist church.  The church members first thought they were joking. But on September 15, 1963, at  10:22 am, the KKK members bombed the church. There were 3 girls that were found in the basement of the church in the bathroom floor dead.  They were bombed up and were dead in less than 24 hours. They found a 4th girl also. The four young girls names -- “Addie Mae Collins, Cynthia Wesley, Carole Robertson, and Denise McNair”--were killed in the bombing.

However, there have been many people who have opposed the KKK’s ideas. For example, African American created a group to stand up for what they believed in who are known as “Black Supremacists.” The Black Supremacists were not interested in what the hate group had to say. They wanted to have justice and not be  judged by their race. The Black Supremacists wanted justice and equal rights since the KKK was disrespecting them.

Due to the poor race relations in the south, violence  erupted. In Charlottesville, Virginia, there were dangerous riots that were against the KKK and the Black Supremacist. The two groups were fighting to defend their race and the police were there to make sure it was safe. The situation all started when the KKK showed up. The Black Supremacist group did not like when the KKK started calling them names. Then it started to get physical. The people who supported the Black Supremacist were cheering for them. When they saw the KKK members, the crowd started pushing the police and broke free from the lines. At that point, the Black supremacist started punching the KKK members. The meaning of this situation is that people can care about their race but it does not need to turn into violence.

The black supremacists were against the KKK.  People were against these unassimilated people. “The people all had to separate individually to represent themselves.” This statement tells everyone about the 1890 minorities during the eastern Europe.

In Charlottesville, there were a violence rally and people were pushing and shoving. The people who were getting hurt, wanted to get out  of the dangerous situation. In the beginning, of the situation, the police and the stand by people were all fine. But whenever the KKK group started to arrive, then the gigantic rally started to become bigger and everyone started to push and shove. The police said “This has been out of control and is not acceptable.” Originally the blame for this situation was getting to an end because of the KKK’s situation in throwing torches, and the Neo-Nazi being there instigating the situation. Policemen were telling people to stop and they were starting to push around. “There was a KKK women who goes by the name of “Marissa Blair”. She died because of standing up for what was right. ”

12 There was a KKK women who goes by the name of “Marissa Blair”. She died because of standing up for what was right. Mrs. Blair have been passionate about helping people. She also has strong sense of knowledge on what was going on in the situation. She told everyone “Everyone stop what you are doing, do any of you all even realize what you people are causing even more?”

However, the president of the United States Donald Trump have started a even bigger situation. The KKK members are not proud of what he has been doing. They say that “Donald Trump has not done anything towards hatred, bigotry, or violence.”  They state “They want an end to the misjudgment, discrimination, and the violence towards our race.” Ms. Blair states.  “We want justice!” There is one KKK member named Daniel. He has stated “Though Donald Trump has not been doing anything, guess what we are going to do, we are going to stop this prejosit.

In the years back in late 1900s, there was a African American man by the name of Hugo Black. He treated people with respect as the united states shows Justice to people.”He gives people “pro-civil rights decisions.” But in the early 1920s, “Black’s attention began  to swift from law to politics.” Also “The Black’s started joining the KKK and was explaining why they were doing that.” They were doing transferring because they wanted everyone to know that the KKK members are not our enemies, there are nice people.  Now in 2018, the KKK have changed. They now do not like African American people. They want the Black’s to show them respect. They do not want them to be in America.


Made by Yolanda Wheeler


© 2018 Yolanda


Author's Note

Yolanda
Please don't change anything if you have any ideas or want to chat please email me at [email protected]. Thank You and have a great day!
From Yolanda

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018

Author