Disconnected

Disconnected

A Poem by Whisp
"

More random musings.

"

Slipping away, the point when one realizes there is no hope hopefully in a certain situation. For some I’m sure they disconnect completely which of course would mean no hope at all. All goes quiet a silence that is tangible. All the things that once tethered their soul to others just slips away.  Doesn’t happen overnight but sometimes over the course of years. Waves of life or death possibly more accurately pound away until there is nothing left but to wander numb through day with shattered dreams and fractured thoughts for company until finally one becomes decoupled with their own memories as if they are fragmented pictures of someone else’s life. Images in the mind slowly fading but with no warmth of feeling of what they felt like or who you were until even the fragmented pictures of happy times yield only pain.  Reality won’t lie or bend or be shielded from your little lies. Those little lies so many tell themselves so they can get out of bed in the morning. When you’re too smart to allow yourself to believe them anymore all that’s left is a decoupled soul disconnected like a disembodied spirit forced to roam among the living able to see them but unable to interact.  You gave all you had and you weren’t even close and now you can’t remember…..you, and no one is coming to save you. Surely another life will be better. 

© 2016 Whisp


Author's Note

Whisp
Same as before sounding off trying to break free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on July 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2016
Tags: Disconnected

Author

Whisp
Whisp

Writing
Last Passion Last Passion

A Poem by Whisp


La Isla La Isla

A Story by Whisp


Beautiful Eyes Beautiful Eyes

A Story by Whisp