The Feeling of Being Anxious

The Feeling of Being Anxious

A Poem by Jakl and Hyde
"

This is the feeling having anxiety in everyday life.

"
Anxiety is the constant worry that anything is going to go wrong or happen.
It feels as if my mind is only focused on the bad. Its hard to think about the good.
I want it to stop, but it only gets worse.
It attacking and attacking and attacking.
I try to shield my thoughts but I'm getting weaker.
When the shield breaks It will not stop.
Sometimes no matter how hard I try to distract myself, I can't.
I need help, but I can't let it escape.
I talk to someone but it doesn't always help.
Don't try to understand, you don't wan to understand.
Just listen and hear what I'm trying to tell you.

© 2017 Jakl and Hyde


Author's Note

Jakl and Hyde
Very personal poem to me I have anxiety. I wish I didn't but I do. I write about I sometimes to relieve this anxiety.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have anxiety too and depression. It's hard but sometimes meditation helps me. You will never get rid of it entirely but you can and you will control it with time instead of it controlling you. Just believe in yourself. You are worthy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I have had two panic attacks a few years ago and suffer from anxiety . Let me tell you this is how it feels.
This drips with feeling. Good job in decribing something that is so hard for many of us to explain.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think more people should use poetry to describe mental illness so that other people can try to understand it a little better. Very good poem, the only thing I would like to see more of is the physical feeling as well as the mental.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is good very good. Over time you will get better. I have been writing for a long time on and off. I will support you in anyway I can. My advice to give is this. Keep writing everyday even if it is for just one person.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jakl and Hyde

6 Years Ago

I just started writing more. I used to hate it for some reason. The more I write the more I realize .. read more
The Seeker of Thoughts

6 Years Ago

The world is only as wonderful as those we surround ourselves with. I am glad to be of such help to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2017
Last Updated on September 26, 2017

Author

Jakl and Hyde
Jakl and Hyde

Hamilton, OH



About
I love to write and draw. I also like to play video games. I love racing as well. I write about things that I like and sometimes about things that pop into my mind. You don't have to like me. All I as.. more..

Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Story by Jakl and Hyde