Rain Dance

Rain Dance

A Story by WildRose
"

For all of those who dance in the rain.

"

 Micro-fantasy

 

 One could here the rain fall from far off, and as it approached all turned their minds and bodies to warmth and fire. All save one, one lone figure stood at the top of a hill looking toured and waiting for the rain. The figure was a girl no more then seventeen with deep red hair and eyes that the land would soon match. She stood unmoving as the rain grew closer, the wind picked up and a fine mist made its way to her. The girl took a step forward and with that step the rain came rolling across the hill and bound soaking all in its path. At first the girl just stared into the havens watching and felling the rain fall, then she began to dance. The dance itself was not hard, and most would not even call it a dance, but then what do people who have never felt natures call and never heard its  rethem know about such things. The dance as was said before was not hard but it was fast, full of jumping twirling and laughter it was a dance of joy. One would think that the girl would soon tire of this dance and go home to warmth and a fire. One would be wrong, she did not grow tired instead she seemed to become less tired the more she danced. Soon she was soaked to the bone but even then she did not stop, but then to soon for her liking the rain stopped and the wind felt like ice when it touched her skin. With a sigh the girl turned to the direction in witch her home lay felling the wet sand give way to her feet, knowing that tomorrow the desert would fell like the sweat rooms her people used to clean themselves and that she would also be sent to find the flowers that only appear after a rain fall. As this last thought came she reacted her home just in time to see the last rays of sun disappear into the horizon.                                    

© 2009 WildRose


Author's Note

WildRose
Please tell me what you think. I know my grammar is bad, but feel free to to tell me how to fix it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written. Your choice of words painted a picture inside my head.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2009
Last Updated on April 14, 2009

Author

WildRose
WildRose

About
I've been telling stories my whole life, but only for the past two years have I been writing them down. more..

Writing
End End

A Poem by WildRose