High Ho Silver

High Ho Silver

A Poem by Will Neill
"

A tribute to a boy's Saturday afternoon matinee idol-The Lone Ranger.

"

High Ho Silver


The screen flickers on a black and white horizon, captured upon it a masked man rides his

faithful steed as an overture of heart pumping music extenuates its galloping mystical form in a plume of desert dust, As he reaches centre he grinds his stallion to a stone crunching stop and the camera pans to close up-my heart beats in exalting rhythmic accolade as I watch his eyes glint in the sun’s fading ray’s. The pause is unbearable, then slowly his pure white teeth are born to a smile, his face fills the theatre he is undoubtedly the hero, the Saturday afternoon matinee idol. My eyes are in awe, to be him, to be there at that moment is my only wish.


A tribute to the Saturday afternoon matinee idol The Lone Ranger.

Will Neill 2013.

© 2013 Will Neill


Author's Note

Will Neill
I think he actually said 'Hey Ho Silver Away' but there it is. Its not really a poem more of a short, I'm not sure what/////what ever!
Will

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And all he left was this silver bullet...very cool Will. I could hear the music playing in the background as I read this.

Nice job Kemosabe

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Thanks Jack, good to see ya.
Will
This is great, Will. I went to many Saturday afternoon matinees when young and watched these western heroes. To this day, I love a good western, but they just aren't as popular today as they once were. I guess they're out of style, sorta like me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

What would it be like,us two old farts on a horse, some sight,ha
Take care.
Will
A splendid tribute to this Saturday afternoon matinee. I must admit I'm a Tonto fan of what I've seen of the show....you pen'd your hero delightfully Will.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and enjoying.
Will

I've watched him and Tonto many times on video tape. He certainly had charisma about him while wearing that blue outfit. The good guys always did have something about them that made them special. To one that is young and impressionable, guys like The Lone Ranger were someone to look up to and emulate. It's a shame today's kids see someone with a gun in such a different way. Good one Will.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

RElic, thank you for taking the time to read my poem.
Will
Relic

10 Years Ago

No problem Will.
I just watched that movie recently and I loved it . A great poem and hey ho or hi ho to you my friend...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah, the Lone Ranger. I remember the scene you decribed so vividly. He could have done commercials for toothpaste with that smile! He was every girl's idol and every boy wanted to be him. Those were the days, my friend! :) Good write. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Lydia, this was just a bit of fun-glad you enjoyed it.
Will
"...as an overture of heart pumping music extenuates its galloping mystical form in a plume of desert dust."

Now that's quite a description of a man on a horse! Brilliantly written, Will!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Kelly, you humble me with your kind words.
Will
No, he said "Heigh Ho, SIlver, away...!" I have the Creed of the Lone Ranger posted above my computer.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

There you go, I knew I was wrong-thanks Marie.
Will
I remember very well. The way he stood, his posture, shaped how I identify a good guy... a hero even today

Posted 10 Years Ago


Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Thank you Tonto////sorry I mean Tegon (lol) --High ho Silver awaaaaaaay!
Will

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

703 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: idol, loneranger, movies

Author

Will Neill
Will Neill

belfast, United Kingdom



About
Will Neill is an award winning Irish author, poet and amateur musician; Born in Belfast in the late fifties. Will has established himself as a prolific writer all over the world for both his prose and.. more..

Writing
Lock Down Lock Down

A Story by Will Neill



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


true artist true artist

A Poem by Pax