Chapter 1:The Rescue

Chapter 1:The Rescue

A Chapter by Starcaller
"

The bounty hunter rescues the princess from a noble house (written in third person).

"

He stands perched on the high limbs of a tree looking down upon a large ornate building. He watches it closely for any activity “c’mon show yourselves.” He mumbles to himself. After another moment two guards walk around the perimeter of the building…guards from house Svana “So that’s who took her.” He leaps down from the tree and lands on the soft meadow grass below. He picks up his staff and cloak and start heading down the hill towards the old building.

 

Once down he moves quickly…quietly to the wall by the large silver doors. He presses himself flat against the white walls and creeps in through the large silver doors. As he enters a couple guards notice him “Hey you! Hold it there!” One yells. He takes out his staff and smacks the closest guy across the face causing his nose to bleed. The other draws his sword and swings at him barely missing but tearing the edge of his cloak. He swings low and trips the guard and before the guards regain their bearings he is gone.

 

He runs along an unfinished stairwell and swings himself from a low beam to the upper floor. He peers through the crystal floor into the chamber below “guards, guards, and more guards.” He whispers to himself as he gets up from the floor. He runs quietly along the cold floor and almost slips into one of the open holes when he stops and notices something. Small rays of sunlight shine through that hole to a glass case below and inside the stasis chamber is the princess…and only about five guards standing around her.

 

He looks through the glass at her she looks so peaceful. He climbs down threw the hole and swings himself behind one of the guards. He takes out a cloth and covers the guards face after a moment the guard goes limp and he sets him on the ground. The sword slips from the guards hand and clanks against the crystal floor. The other guards turn and see him; startled by the masked man they draw their swords.

 

He sighs heavily why does everything have to be difficult. He whips two across the face with his staff and throws a bag of powder at the eyes of another after a minute or two the four guards lie on the floor moaning and he stands in front of the tall glass case. He powers down the stasis chamber and the glass door slides open. The princess falls into his arms and he flips her over his shoulder. Well that was easier than I expected. He smiles to himself and starts wandering out towards the exit.

 

He diverts his course down a narrow path as an older lady enters through the silver doors. She finds the gaurds passed out on the floor and her face flares up in anger "Find her! Find the princess!" She yells out to the gaurds. He watches carefully and continues down the path. The path ends on the far side of the building towards a secluded meadow, with ruins around it from a wall. He sets her down in the soft grass and starts piling rocks in front of the entrance.

 

After filling the opening with rocks he kneels beside the princess "Princess" he whispers shaking her lightly. Her bright blue eyes open to the stranger and after a moment she relizes she is not at home. "Ahh! Who are you? Where have you taken me?" She pushes him away and stands up. "wait princess" She picks up the fallen stones from around her and starts throwing them at him. He swats them away with his staff "please just wait a moment."

 

He reaches out and grabs her arm "please let me explain." She stops for a second "No!" She kicks his knee and takes his staff. "Wait your mother sent me" "Liar!" She say knocking him over with the staff. He pulls out the contract to her "please wait your mother hired me." She drops the staff and takes the paper reading over it. "See you mother sent me too save you from these people." "Oh..." she stands there quietly for a moment. "well you can take me home now." he rolls his eyes "right."



© 2012 Starcaller


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A+ in my books :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just a few grammatical problems to work out, but it looks like you're developing your story very well. I'm impressed! Keep it up! I can't wait to read more and find out what happens! :3

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2012
Last Updated on February 27, 2012


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..