Chapter 2: Illusion

Chapter 2: Illusion

A Chapter by Starcaller
"

On the journey back to the castle...(POV bounty hunter to the princess)

"

I watch her dance in the soft meadow grass as I follow. "I have not been outside the walls in forever it seems" She says smiling brightly as she embraces the warm sunlight through the trees. I can't help but smile back at her. Her eyes are like the clear blue sky overhead filling with the blissful joy sunlight brings. "So...why can't you go outside?" She looks at me in wonder "You know...I can't really remember." She says breathing in and out heavily "I'm sorry about that misunderstanding earlier." She says.

I smile at her "No worries...So what was your name? I didn't catch it if the queen told me." "My name is Serenity but you can call me Eve...that's my middle name." She says peering at the sunlight through the treetops. "What about you hunter? Do you have a name?" "Marko Reagan...but most just call me Mark." "Hmm...interesting, Mark huh? Not bad." I roll my eyes at her. "Can we just keep going?" "Of course" She says in a sing song voice as she dances threw the flowers.

I follow her closely something doesn't feel right...She suddenly stops "princess..." She slowly turns to me her face so full of fear and sadness. Her eyes start to darken and become completely black. I start running towards her when she lets out a horrible scream. She covers her ears and tears flow down her face. She collapses and I catch her in my arms. "Princess!...Eve!"

 

I try to call for him as I feel something start to come over me. Poison...am I ill? I can see two different realities...like in my dreams. Hunter slowly faded away and all I could see was the second world. Hunter and I are at the castle and waiting there is some man clothed in blue and silver on a horse. When he fulfils his contract my mother pays him and he walks out...sadness filling his eyes as I watch him leave. I look outside the stain glass window but everything is blurry.

The man grabs Mark by the hair looking at him with disgust. He throws him to the ground, and climbs down from his horse. Mark gets back on his feet and hands the man the money. The man looks inside and then slaps him across the face yelling at him. He makes a signal to one of the men beside him and he loads up a crossbow. The man laughs at him as Mark tries to tell him something. I scream as they fire an arrow threw him "Hunter!" tears fill my eyes and I look away.

I open my eyes and there he is holding me close "Princess...are you okay?" he asks worried. I look around and see we are still in the lush forest. "Ya...fine." He helps me stand up. I turn to him "Uhh...will you do something for me?" "I guess so..." I smile "Great, come with me." I say taking his hand. "Lets just take a small detour." I say leading him through the forest.



© 2012 Starcaller


Author's Note

Starcaller
K...chapter 2, hope you guys like it XD...Anywho feel free to tell me what you guys think :) and if you think it would sound better in third person or in the eyes of any one person let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on February 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 4, 2012


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller