Chapter 4:

Chapter 4:

A Chapter by Starcaller
"

Keagan gets the princess home and his past is closing in on him. (Princess POV to third person by the asylum.)

"

He bows to the two ladies “Thank you for your help Jo, Grace.”

“No problem.” Jo replies gleefully, while Grace simply waves us goodbye eyes somewhat narrow and her lips pursed.

“Is Grace okay?” I ask him

“Hmm…yeah she’s fine.” Mark says somewhat detached. He leads me through the crowded streets and suddenly stops pulling me into the alleyway pressing me too the wall. “Wait.” He whispers. I watch as the man with blue and silver clothing walks down the crowded street with his horse, departing from the city.

 

“Who is that?” I ask him.

“Don’t ask, okay.” He says giving me a weak smile

“Okay.” I reply my voice slightly shaky from remembering him. I watch the man carefully and we leave our hiding place as he disappears from view. We walk quietly down the street and I glance over at him his face slightly pale and his eyes hidden behind his black hair. I can't help but remember watching him die and clasp my hand into a fist.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He looks at me his mouth still straight revealing no emotion

"Yes." He turns back away and I can't help but wonder who is that man?

 

The trip is long and boring as he ceases talking to me and then I can see it the castle has finally come into view and I can't help but smile as I see my home.

 

***

 

A girl with bright purple eyes gazes at the heavily guarded asylum with longing for her friend inside. "All in time...all in time." She whispers as the wind blows through her dark green hair sending chills through her soft grey skin. She can hear the pitiful cries of agony and turns away from the wretched place walking deep in the forest. Inside the asylum the guards try to get information out of the young man about the girl with steel colored skin.

 

"She is a witch! She is unnatural!"

The boy laughs "Yes, She is unnaturally kind and beautiful!" He screams as they kick him in the stomach.

"You are under her spell! Now tell us where she is!" The guard snaps menacingly.

"I will never tell you, and you are the ones under a spell. Filled with hatred because she doesn't look like a normal person." The guard continues kicking the boy with potent force. The boy coughs hard and blood splatters on the floor as he cries out in pain.

 

"Stop this! We need him alive." A man with blue and silver clothing walks in a crocked smile spread across his face.

"Do you remember me Maw? Do you remember what I did?" He says mockingly. Maw pushes himself up from the ground and slams his fist into the man's face as hard as could muster after the guards had beat him.

"Was that a satisfying answer!?" He screams as he laughs madly.

"Quite." The man says wiping the blood from his face his cruel smile still on his lips. The guards by now are holding Maw by his arms while another guard punches him in the face for his uprising.

 

His head flies back from the impact and he moans for a moment before opening his mouth again.

"I'm going to kill you." He says wearily as his vision fades. The man looks at him in his same cruel manner

"I believe you will be dead soon enough." He laughs. The guards salute and the man walks away. Maw watches his blurry figure leave and passes out from physical exhaustion.



© 2012 Starcaller


Author's Note

Starcaller
Yet to name this chapter so any help on that would be appreciated XD Feel free to comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good! The flow of your dialogue is good but there are a few technical flaws with the setup. Whenever someone new speaks, it should start a new paragraph. Just try flipping through one of your favorite books and seeing how other authors set up dialogue; copying what you see and how it's formatted is the easiest way to learn and pick up on those skills! :) Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this chapter even though I have yet to read your other chapters in your book XD Very nice work (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good! The flow of your dialogue is good but there are a few technical flaws with the setup. Whenever someone new speaks, it should start a new paragraph. Just try flipping through one of your favorite books and seeing how other authors set up dialogue; copying what you see and how it's formatted is the easiest way to learn and pick up on those skills! :) Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 18, 2012


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..