Chapter 6: Breaking Out

Chapter 6: Breaking Out

A Chapter by Starcaller
"

breaking out Maw (third-person POV)

"

"Hey guards! Wanna hear some jokes!"

"Shut up in there prisoner...unless you like your regular beatings!"

"I do! So here we go." He says as he clears his throat. "I said it before and I'll say it again, I hate you."

The guard sighs "Don't you ever get tired of doing this...everyday."

"Nope, and you remind me of an old friend, yeah he was a twit just like you!"

The cell doors swung open as one of the guards entered "I'm going to enjoy this."

"Hahaha your funny but looks aren't everything."

The guard swings his fist at the skinny malnourished prisoner hitting him square in the jaw. His head flings back and he crashes into the cold stone wall, he breaths in deeply and then smiles as he wipes off the blood. The guard stretches his arm back to hit him again and a hand from the shadows emerges and turns the guard around. The guard falls to the ground as a long staff swings across his face.

"What took you so long?"

"Just shut up and tell me where she is!" Marko says as he holds Maw by his shirt.

He combs through his long black hair with his fingers "First I want to cut my hair."

Marko slams his staff into the wall "Maw!" He shouts angrily.

"Alright, alright. Just let me get my stuff."

He gets on all fours and sprints down the hallway opening the chest pulling out a set of leather armor, four knives, two swords, and a small satchel with food and money. Maw pulls on the armor over his clothes and straps two of the daggers to the bottom of his boots and everything else to his back.

"Let’s go."

"Wait...I want to know why you didn't escape on your own."

"Because I wanted you to be there for my first day of freedom."

They continue out of the building into woods with the cover of night as there ally. Marko reaches out and grabs Maw by the shoulder. "Now tell me why."

"I did..." He sighs. "Can we just leave it at that?"

"For now."

As they continue down one of the many mountain roads towards the main city a man turns around the corner and runs into them. The man glances around rapidly and breathes in and out heavily. "Please, are you sir Keagan?"

"Depends on who is asking?"

"Th-the queen."

"I am Marko Keagan...What has happened?"

"Miss Serenity Eve Nivari has been kidnapped by some assassin group calling themselves the Black Hand...Th-they demanded you come."

His eyes grew wide for a moment "Have they made any other demands?"

"No they only wish to speak with you."

"Consider it done."



© 2012 Starcaller


Author's Note

Starcaller
Sorry this is so late, please feel free to review. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you write thisa while ago, like last month or something? Anyhow, I like it. I probably didnt get the full enjoyment I would've experienced had I read the beginning chapters, but I still think it was really good. The way you let the prisoner seem anxious to get beaten up (but in reality just wanted to lure the guard to his cell), the way some lady got kidnapped at the end... it was all very appealing. I'm about to read the next chapter right now.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012
Tags: Cell, Breaking Out, Escape, Maw, The Curse


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller