Day 4

Day 4

A Chapter by Willem Gray

Day 4

When did everyone become so sensitive?

You can’t say or do anything anymore! No, I’m not talking about being racist or prejudiced, that’s a topic for another day, but eating meat, when did that become a sin? Being fat isn’t being fat anymore, it’s being “plus-size.” She’s not skinny she has an eating disorder, maybe she does, but I don’t know her, so why am I not allowed to call her skinny? It is as if we are all walking on egg shells to say the politically correct thing, about politically insignificant things.

It all started with, and I guess it’s another day already, racism and discrimination. Being racist is wrong, discriminating against anyone is wrong, however, it seems to me the lines between what is not allowed to be said or done, because it is an attack on a group of individuals, and what someone doesn’t want you to say or do, because it might offend his pop-culture vegan group,  has been blurred. Be offended then? Nothing happens, it does not affect you or your vegan group if I eat my bacon strips. You have your bowl of grass right in front of you.

It seems as if the people who have no reason to do so, are looking for reasons to be offended. They are like a soccer player spiralling downwards as soon as someone so much as grazes his shirt, so he can ask the referee for a penalty because Akinfenwa was mean to him. The problem with such an oversensitive generation is that necessary resources are being wasted to deal with little b*****s, while actual problems such as racism in communities, xenophobia, anti-Semitism and sexism are being ignored.

So while it might make you feel better to be called a plus-size man or woman instead of being called fat, or if you’re not gay you’re a tri-bi-pedrosexual, or if you’re glad you can finally save a cow or two or seven thousand from the slaughter house, remember there are people being lynched, women being stoned to death, starving people in Africa (who could really use a burger) and a whole load of other real world issues that need your attention.


© 2016 Willem Gray


Author's Note

Willem Gray
please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on November 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: rant, racism, discrimination, youth


Author

Willem Gray
Willem Gray

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Hello! more..

Writing
Silicon Silicon

A Poem by Willem Gray